Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Raikka Spellseeker: Damage Reduct.

My hero of choice: Raikka Spellseeker.

ALLIES: 20
    3x Grimjaw Hydra - Self explanatory.
    4x Rampant Krygon - synergy with hydra, hydra att increase by 2 whenever it takes damage.
    4x Ironhide Karash - solid 2 drop that can hold up against almost most 2 drop allies.
    3x Murderous Hulk - great health. Great ability, again has synergy with rampant krygon as if you increase att with krygon you can then kill off allies using hulks ability.
    3x armoured packbeast - hero and ally healing, plus att increase when damaged, again has synergy with krygon because of this. + the healing makes it an amazing 3drop.
    3x grimghast - reduces enemy attack by 1. Along with raikkas hero ability gains great synergy because it is more damage reduction for your allies.

ITEMS + ABILITIES: 21
    3x Shadowfont. - self explanatory. SE=Hero ability.
    4x Fireball. - 4 damage to hero or ally.
    4x Lighting strike. - Target two allies for 3 damage. Or hero and one ally.
    3x thriss assault plinth. - increases ravagers by 2att. + kyrgon boost + raikka ability. = beastly. Hydra could be a beast who knows. Haven't even ran this deck yet just had a thought.
    2x Tome of Knowledge - card draw. Not always needed is why only running 2. Most of the time draw is given by other players that don't see the drawbacks of granting an opponent draw at no cost.
    3x Contaminated Water. - reduces enemy health by 1. Helps kill them off easily and gain board control.
    3x - whatever you want. Meat wagon? Crescendo for more board control and hero damage resistance? Take your pick of the cards available. XD

Could do with more card draw maybe I'm thinking but idk, a lot of the time like I said people give you that themselves.

I hope you like the deck, any feedback is greatly appreciated. I haven't seen anyone with this deck so I'd like to think I'm the first to play it but probably not. I feel it is a solid deck though with great curve and variety of allies. Will have problems against heroes such as praxxix if you don't take him out early, either that or his SE. So can change abilities as you see fit I suppose but the ally pool is perfect imo. Could even switch out the grimghast for infernal gargoyles for more damage reduction. It probably needs a few tweaks, or many but I feel it could be a good deck. I've been messing around with a lot of cards trying to find out what is best for it. Maybe a stall raikka deck could be possible, put some rain delays in there or clinging webs to stop any early board control from the opponent then you're sorted as soon as you set up a combo or two. Anyways, please voice your opinions on this deck and how you feel it could be improved. Thanks

Deck should work in theory, the synergy. but all down to draw and luck as always.
    Last edited by Bane Of Kings; 09-25-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice concept!
    You definitely need more draw
    Try making room for gargoyle, great synergy with krygon and raikkas ability makes him even harder to kill.
    Imo, having more 2cc allies would make early game even better for you, so you can try adding 4 feasterlings and see how it goes.

If you wish to make these changes try:
    -3x contaminated water for 3x gargoyle
    -1 karash, + 4 feasterling because it works well with thriss ass plinth
    +3 sac lamb, +2 bad santa

if that makes the deck too fat, try taking out one thriss and one grimghast

gl&hf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cargoth has really good suggestions.

Raikka is heavy board oriented hero and you want to gain control of the board as soon as possible. Feasterling is prob best ally to do that and it has additonal synergy with Assault Plynth. Karash dies if you are going second against opposing Feasterlings or Hunters Gambit, so it is hard to actually make use of his ability.

To implement some of the changes also cut Shadow Font. Raikka has cheap ability so it can be triggered often enough, and it is not enough high impact to put Font in the deck.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-25-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cargoth View Post
    Nice concept!
    You definitely need more draw
    Try making room for gargoyle, great synergy with krygon and raikkas ability makes him even harder to kill.
    Imo, having more 2cc allies would make early game even better for you, so you can try adding 4 feasterlings and see how it goes.

If you wish to make these changes try:
    -3x contaminated water for 3x gargoyle
    -1 karash, + 4 feasterling because it works well with thriss ass plinth
    +3 sac lamb, +2 bad santa

if that makes the deck too fat, try taking out one thriss and one grimghast

gl&hf
    I will do! Thanks for the suggestions, I will try that soon and let you know how it goes. I'll implement all you said and we'll see xD what about brimstone devourers? Could have good synergy with the sac lamb as it deals three damage when discarded, but that is situational I suppose..Anyways I'll try all you said. Thank you very much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my pleasure, hope it helps
    brimstones ability activates when discarded, not killed.
    that means discarded from deck or hand

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Cargoth has really good suggestions.

Raikka is heavy board oriented hero and you want to gain control of the board as soon as possible. Feasterling is prob best ally to do that and it has additonal synergy with Assault Plynth. Karash dies if you are going second against opposing Feasterlings or Hunters Gambit, so it is hard to actually make use of his ability.

To implement some of the changes also cut Shadow Font. Raikka has cheap ability so it can be triggered often enough, and it is not enough high impact to put Font in the deck.
    He/she does have some good points, as do you, I shall drop the shadow font and see how it goes cause you're right, I generally kept for situational purposes also like if there were an ally I needed to kill or save I'd font then ability if I didn't have enough then the damage increase/reduction would save me. But I'll drop it and see anyways! Thank you very much also, your feedback is very much appreciated both of you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cargoth View Post
    my pleasure, hope it helps
    brimstones ability activates when discarded, not killed.
    that means discarded from deck or hand

Oh Damn, that's true isn't it ;o I didn't realise it killed.. umm shall stick with the gargoyles then, or maybe dmt for the extra ability damage? And it will help I'm sure xD thanks again

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will post more decks soon too, have made quite a few, just went on a decent win streak with a maijia deck, only lost against bloodfang? New wulven hero I can't remember, and that was because I skipped turn by accident, seems pretty good, I have a great idea for a fatty deck too I'll post that when I've made it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Of Kings View Post
    Will post more decks soon too, have made quite a few, just went on a decent win streak with a maijia deck, only lost against bloodfang? New wulven hero I can't remember, and that was because I skipped turn by accident, seems pretty good, I have a great idea for a fatty deck too I'll post that when I've made it
    sounds great! if you are on telegram feel free to contact me, im @tomtabak

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems solid, I would certainly go with the changes suggested. You shouldn't rely on your opponent to draw the cards for you (although that is some interesting meta thinking there), the moment they realize you don't have a way to draw, they will stop playing Bad Santa or using Loom of Fate to starve you of options.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel