Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Qill Card Deck Concept

Last edited by Questdoer; 09-25-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any questions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How did you make these? Is there a template?

Quote Originally Posted by Questdoer View Post
    DISCLAIMER! All art is stuff I stole off of the interwebs.

QWG.jpg
    This card is probably too NPE for SE. You can lock their resources too easily. The synergy with Elicit Information is also too good. You destroy up to 3 of their cards and draw up to 3 yourself.
    TC.jpg
    Too good imo with classes that have disable cards and cheap removal. EG warrior could pull out expensive ally and put CB on it to lock opponents entire next turn effectively making them skip a turn.
    AE.jpg
    This one I like a lot. Great control tool.

QU.jpg
    Wording is unclear a bit but if they get +2 attack right away it is too good.

TA.jpg
    Overpowered. Compare to Will to Fight and Midnight Howl.

Most allies seem really nice. I especially like the 5cc one.

The weapon is too good with Gwenth imo.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool cards! I actually did a new class myself called Marine. But anyway, Your cards seem to have good synergy. Although I couldn't tell you if they are OP. Like the concept though. (My post is called: "New class idea (last post seemed to fail.)" if you want to check it out.)

code cube

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool looking cards and very good try overall.

The consept is not to my liking. I dont like my hand or deck to be manipulated. Serena and other cards that do this atm are more than enough to reduce my overall enjoyment playing this game.

I can live with them and with future roque expancion cards but if milling/stalling/manipulating opponents hand and deck playstyle is enhanced much further, will be a dealbreaker for me.

Just my personal opinion
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice effort, but the artwork seems not fit to the dark fantasy theme of SE

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I second all Veles's comments on your cards as well as Tolerance's and Spartan ones also. I think that you ve made very nice and interesting cards with well matching flavor texts, however only very few of them I see as being able to fit SE. First of all your whole tribe seems extremly stally and board locking and community already got issues with stall. But for Accusality Engine (a great card, I d like to see it ingame as it stands now), all your abilities and weapon seem very OP. The location is very bad imo - farthering board locking by the tribe. Most allies (especially acting together as tribe) serve only board locking purpose, without much finisher traits which is very bad in terms of their design and also current game mechanics (board locking is generally considered detrimental to tcg game experience and SE seems very wary of that).

Desperate Time Thief, a very interesting card idea as it is, is too OP by far for its cost and what it could do - effectively it nihilates whole offensive attachment usage by opponents at no costs (and offensive attachments are already very tricky and risky to use).

Time Beast ability makes no sense - why bounce back ally that you can kill? To give opponent more cards choices to resource?

I believe the Time jumping Tourist is very interesting idea and could possibly be incorporated to SE straightaway (Electric attack questionable but why not..).

The Magnetic sth 5cc card is very interesting but could possibly be too OP and board locking (and it sure is in conjungction with rest of tribe).

Master Necromancer is very cool and could possibly be taken to game as it stands now (mind there exist some ice immune allies already, which is for the better imo and will add more flavor to game).

I like the idea (and art) of Vigilante Timekeeper. It has very interesting ability as it stands now, though it would possibly be better if it affected just first ally to be cast (still I have big doubts on how valid would this card fit SE and if its cc cost is right; but the overall idea I like very much). The Time Enforcer is probably too strong version of this for its cost (and its art style, like many other of your cards, although very nice, probably doesn t fit SE theme but some Space Opera game).

The Field Medic is very nice and could probably be incorporated into SE as it stands now (after rethinking his Class/Faction affinities obviously; graphically-wise I d say it could this time fit SE "magica/Aldmor" register of game themes).

Anyway, some great effort on your side man. Congratulations on pulling it off. Sincerely hope some of your propostions I said I like could actually make it into SE.
    Last edited by LeonTheBarbarian; 09-25-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    How did you make these? Is there a template?
    Actually there is! But for whatever reason it's all small and distorted so I just made my own.
    If you want I could put them in a folder and give them to other people to play around with.

QWG.jpg This card is probably too NPE for SE. You can lock their resources too easily. The synergy with Elicit Information is also too good. You destroy up to 3 of their cards and draw up to 3 yourself.
    I respectfully disagree.
    It only locks your resources if you fail to use your cards, otherwise it's a straight up advantage for you if you play your cards right.
    And even when it does start eating your deck, it's not like it's restricting your current set of options only your future ones.

The whole point is that it forces them to use as many of their resources as possible which I think would be a fun predicament to be in.

Also, from my understanding, it wouldn't work with Elicit Information as it’s discarding cards from your deck not your hand.

TC.jpg Too good imo with classes that have disable cards and cheap removal. EG warrior could pull out expensive ally and put CB on it to lock opponents entire next turn effectively making them skip a turn.
    That is a good point.
    Perhaps having a cap to the reduction would solve the problem.
    Also putting a bit of cost on the active could help as well.

AE.jpg This one I like a lot. Great control tool.
    Ty

QU.jpg Wording is unclear a bit but if they get +2 attack right away it is too good.
    Yeah, I tried to clean up the wording on that one, but it just made it too long to fit on the card.
    The way it works is that it hard sets their attack up or down till it’s at 2 and then slowly increases it over time.

TA.jpg Overpowered. Compare to Will to Fight and Midnight Howl.
    Yeah I see your point.
    What if it had a cost of 2 and didn't have cost reduction when placed on Qill allies?

Most allies seem really nice. I especially like the 5cc one.
    Thanks.

The weapon is too good with Gwenth imo.
    She breaks everything doesn't she? …*sigh*...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Cool looking cards and very good try overall.

The consept is not to my liking. I dont like my hand or deck to be manipulated. Serena and other cards that do this atm are more than enough to reduce my overall enjoyment playing this game.

I can live with them and with future roque expancion cards but if milling/stalling/manipulating opponents hand and deck playstyle is enhanced much further, will be a dealbreaker for me.

Just my personal opinion
    I can respect that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    nice effort, but the artwork seems not fit to the dark fantasy theme of SE
    Yeah it's hard to find the sort of pseudo advanced magic tech artwork that I was looking for.
    The ones that fit the Qill's intended look the best IMO are the desperate timethief and the time jumping tourist.
    Also Qill itself is not supposed to look like the advanced cityscape that most of the cards show, but a broken otherworldly set of floating temples and the like.