Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb New class idea (last post seemed to fail.)

Hello, everyone, this is code cube. I have made a new concept class called Marine. This new class seeks to put a new spin on the strategy of Shadow Era. The marine class focuses on manipulating your resource pile. Here is a link to all the cards:
    -----------------------------------
    Link for revised cards down below
    -----------------------------------
    There are only 12, but that's enough to give you an idea of how this class functions. Here are a few from the set:

Hero 1.jpg

Ability 1.jpg

Ally 3.jpg

The cards might be OP, but it's bound to happen when coming up with something new. Let me know what you think.

code cube.

Edit: ===================================

After looking at Demnchi's feedback, I revised my cards, and added two new ones. Enjoy!

All cards:
    ----------------------------
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...3NfX29xMFN1cnM
    ----------------------------

The new cards:

Ally 6.jpg

Hero item 1.jpg

code cube
    Last edited by code cube; 09-25-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome! I'll look over these and make comments by editing this post.

The ocean of Balor is actually a great place for inspiration and fairly untouched. Like the concept!

-The Bigger Fish:

I actually really like this card and think its actually super close to being balanced. To make it a balanced card you would probably need to do two things: Reveal the card to your opponent (this gives them information, and confirms the amount of damage you'll be doing), and limit the maximum amount of damage.

-Resurgence Wave:

I assume the Shadow Energy cost is supposed to be usable when in the resource pile? Graveyard? It's a more expensive and weaker Lightning Strike, with the added bonus of being able to remove it from your resource pile as a 4/4 (thus costing you a max resource in addition to the SE). I like the idea of it being placed in the resource pile as it adds a new dynamic to using its other ability.

-Defending the Depths:

Simple yet effective. Having it renew a resource helps balance this at a 2 cost card without letting you play it on Turn 2.

-Sea Cthulhu:

Separate conditional effects like that is pretty cool.

-King Sea Crab:

Based on the wording of this card, seems my comment for the bigger fish is unnecessary. When you say "look" you mean reveal since you mention "shown." Anyways the ability itself is pretty awesome and appropriately costed imo. Give this guy +1 health and I think you've got a fair 4 cost ally here. The only reason not to do so is if a key card for marine cards would often give marine allies their extra health.

-Giant Sea Crab:

Perfect for what they marine cards are trying to accomplish, it fits the theme well. Giving a resource when it goes down though may be a bit much?

-Reef Guardian:

Good effect, especially with the draw engine. Probably could be a 3/5 or 3/4 though.

-Oceanic Titan:

Fits right in with your hero for marine. Pretty strong effect too, with a fair cost too boot. (assuming this is meant to cost BOTH shadow energy and resources)

-Rock-Shell:

Solid combo-ish effect. Don't think the "to a maximum of 5" is necessary since it starts with 0 attack.

-Seamail:

Damage reduction and pile manipulation in one is neat. Currently doesn't fit the way SE does things currently though (you can't make choices on opposing player's turns).

-Embodyment of the Sea:

Oh you have a hero too. Guess I shoulda started this with him

Anyways, cycling out what you sacrificed and manipulating the pile. He seems perfect for what you're trying to do. The possible cost reduction makes him pretty interesting as well and makes the ability pretty worth 4 SE imo.

-Grabbing Octopus:

Interesting Draw engine. Fits them perfectly.

---

Overall, I like them and they seem to work well together for the most part. Good job! (^_^)-b
    Last edited by Demnchi; 09-25-2017 at 02:34 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like the new class concept, will the new board take this guy into the designer team?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm glad you like it! Some things like "look at" I meant as show your opponent too. Also the "resurgence wave" is to be put on top of the pile while removing a different resource from play to make the effect fair. And yes, you are supposed to use that "put in play as a 4/4 ally" in the resource pile. As this is the first version, there are bound to be things I overlooked. Like "Giant sea carb" adding an extra resource.

code cube

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would be cool! I'd love to be a card designer for Shadow Era! I'm always having new ideas!

code cube
    Last edited by code cube; 09-25-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My congrats for this beutifull and interesting consept of yours!
    I think many good things will come from efforts like this.
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you very much! I hope to inspire and/or spark the mind of the devs with my ideas. Who knows, perhaps one day my idea will make it in game! Or not. Either way, it does't matter. I'm just happy I got the chance to share my ideas!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool idea you got there! Seems like your resource pile becomes the depth of the ocean with all its inhabitants! I'll be following the project, hope to see new stuff too maybe.
    Last edited by Chuck Morrison; 03-31-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    An original idea and approach to creating new content. Very well thought out and executed. I am thoroughly impressed.

I do have one question about Resurgence Wave. Is the Shadow Energy cost used after you have cast the ability?

Example, Cast for 4 Resources. After you have completed the ability, then you use the 1 SE to bring another from your resource pile into play as an ally?

So, it is effectively a 4CC/1SE ability that deals 2 water damage to 2 allies and summons a 4/4 ally?
    Last edited by SEF Mango; 08-16-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it too. Especially, the water damage. I always believed there should be more attack types in the game. Stuff like this makes the game feel more refresh and also helps with more ideas one can put into the game. I hope Wulven consider these, bro.