Close

Thread: 3.5 Trap Victor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

3.5 Trap Victor

In order to complete my deck diversity series on hunter I am missing couple of decks on the forums. One of them is trap Victor. Here is my list, not much tested but looks really good so far:

Hero: Victor Heartstriker

Allies (12):
    4x Lily Rosecult
    4x Fortified Wisp
    4x Thunderstrike Construct

Abilities (10):
    2x Poison Arrow
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    4x Survivalist

Items (18):
    4x Snare Trap
    2x Decoy Trap
    4x Death Trap
    2x Ricochet Trap
    1x Night Prowler
    4x Soul Seeker
    1x Spelleater Bands

= 41 cards ~ 13820g

The Gambit nerf hurt this deck a bit. Before I didn't need to run Survivalist thanks to gambit looping giving the deck more tempo and more flexible spots for tech and more allies. On a bright side Vic can now cycle more traps.

Idea behind the deck is to take heavy control route and deplete their threats with traps and Vic's ability while you slowly advance your board with your own allies. Deck is really hard to play, but I like alternative play styles for heroes that are mostly played in one way only. Good MU are ally heavy builds, against ally light you need to be really smart, against solo builds it is auto loss. You also need to be really careful against rogues and priest so they do not tempo you out with item destruction and resource ramp.

4x Lily is a must in a trap build. Default cycle are the traps but also weapons and armours depending on the MU and situation. Watch for the order in which you play Lily and Vic's ability if you want poison arrow from the GY but it is below a trap or you want a weapon back but it is below a trap.
    Wisp as it is hard to kill ally that can grow.
    Thunderstrike Construct for great synergy with Wisp and it is much needed source of damage to kill of allies that sneak past the traps and Vic's ability.

4x Snare Trap for your default turn 2 play.
    4x Death Trap as your main control tool.
    2x Decoy Trap as alternative turn 2 play. It can protect Lily and Construct from damage and insta kills. Can also mitigate damage from board clears.
    2x Ricochet Trap. This one is kinda debatable. It is ok when you are behind on board to deal some damage to allies and stall a bit. It is best used to protect Night Prowler and annoy weapon heroes if they decide to race you.

Spelleater Bands. Pray to draw them against mages with burn spells, although it does little against competent Loest player. They should know to save the ability for it.
    Poison Arrow for more control option when traps aren't enough.
    Soul Seeker to heal and control the board. It goes really well with Gambit and Construct to combo to kill up to 6hp allies.
    Survivalist as main draw engine.

If I am to add some item destruction it would prob be Dawn Raid to deal with IGG and Wrath. They are most annoying items for this deck. I would be looking to tweak numbers of Wisp, Construct and Ricochet Trap in the future testing. Some other stuff to consider that may be worth testing:
    Last Harvest. Once you get some board presence it can help to close the game faster. It is also an item so once you use it up you get a draw from Survivalist. No more than 1 copy if you do go for it imo.
    Splicer's Crown. Once you get board presence with Wisp and Construct you can buff them to close out the game faster, but it can also clear opponent's graveyard to negate cycling allies. And it is also an item so it becomes Survivalist draw.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-23-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    too few allies they get raped rapidly especially in mage deck. you got nice defense but you will never be able to kill a smart player. you totally lack offensive power...

instead of fortified wisp add armored sandwort and instead of construct add viska. or if you are a homunculus fan go in for eternal troll which is very resistant of board tips.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdoom View Post
    too few allies they get raped rapidly especially in mage deck. you got nice defense but you will never be able to kill a smart player. you totally lack offensive power...

instead of fortified wisp add armored sandwort and instead of construct add viska. or if you are a homunculus fan go in for eternal troll which is very resistant of board tips.
    Yeah, I listened to my own advice and ended up adding Splicer's Crown to buff Wisp and Constructor and deny opponent GY interactions Even without it I disagree that Sandworm would be better. Wisp fits the curve mutch better. t2 Trap t3 trap t4 Wisp just in time for Victors ability so it can feed on the ally and grow. She starts out just a little weaker, but has potential to get much stronger than Sandworm.

I do not really care for board clears nor about generating aggression fast. This is a control deck and the goal is to run your opponent out of threats with your traps and then overwhelm them with wisps and constructors. No need to ever over-commit to the board with your allies.

Against mages priority is to set up Spelleaters Bands and if they destroy them cycle them with Lily.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    too small lol