Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

3.5 Majiya - The Final Countdown (Incendiary Curse deck)

Hero: Majiya

Allies (6):
    3x Armored Packbeast
    3x Pillaging Arsonist

Abilities (22):
    4x Fireball
    4x Incendiary Curse
    1x Poison Gas
    4x Lightning Strike
    1x Engulfing Flames
    2x Shatter Ice
    4x Transmogrification Curse
    1x Ley Line Nexus
    1x Widespread Decay

Items (12):
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Evil Ascendant
    4x Voice of Winter
    2x Snow Sapphire

= 41 cards ~ 8460g

This is a control deck whose win condition is to ping the opponent to death, while you try to stall the game and survive. To achieve the win condition you need to play Engulfing Flames, Poison Gas and Incendiary Curses to start dealing up to 6 damage per turn to their hero. Often you do not need all 6 since you do have some burn spells in the deck as well (including Widespread Decay). How to get to that set up is the tricky part. Ideally early game should go:

T1 Sac
    T2 Sac, Tome
    T3 Sac, Evil Ascendant/Fireball/Arsenist
    T4 Sac, Lighthing Strike/or Tome + Draw
    T5 Sac, Voice of Winter + hero power

Try to prevent as much early damage as possible so you play VoW on T5 with none or, less optimally, one opponent ally on board. With the set up go on to kill allies in the range of burn + EA and use Transmog. Curse on harder to kill ones so they become artefact you can attach Incendiary Curse on. If they try to over-commit on the board you have Shatter Ice as a board clear. I chose it over Supernova since opponent will get you low on health fast while you set up VoW and your curses. Also, even if it is more conditional, Shatter Ice has potential for greater value since it doesn't care for health total of allies.

Snow Saphire is tech card for weapon based heroes, can save you from lot of damage.
    Armored Packbeast offers what mages (and especially shadow ones) missed before, some additional health gain.
    LLN is there for Spelleater Bands and some weapons/armors.
    Widespread Decay has dual purpose. It can get rid of some annoying artefact, but primary purpose is to deal additional damage to opposing hero by destroying artefacts with Incendiary Curses, dealing 3 damage per Curse destroyed. Do note that it will also destroy your ToK and EA.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-22-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems like a pretty good deck, contaminated water? Could add for -1 ally health if that could work. Other than that seems like a nice deck, if you're lacking draw you could add some flameforged gauntlets? Idk if you have already I've forgotten the deck list and it won't let me see it whilst typing this xD. Good luck. Edit: I see you have tomes so if that's not working out the flamforged gauntlets could be a good swap. despite the 4 cost. And if anything you could add a sneaky supernova or two in there, as you have minimal allies and with the healing from the packbeast it could be a quick finisher.
    Last edited by Bane Of Kings; 09-25-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is only Maj ability and Fireball for gauntlets. Pings from Curses and Flames do not count. I kinda rely on Maj ability as secondary draw. That is why I picked her over other mages.

The almost exact deck and other option I was testing was version with Yahari: Valley of Doom over EA. It doubles as early board clear and draw engine. I found it awkward to play as I preferred to save the SE to deal some damage latter on, and it gave opponent draw too. Also every next draw of location is a dead draw and I do not want that. For same reason I run split of Evil Ascendant and Arsonist over 4 copies of EA.

You can run Water for sure but Arsonist has almost same effect and sometimes he sticks to deal more than 1 aoe damage. Opponent will always have excess SE to remove CW if they wish so. I think in version with Yahari CW def has stronger case to be put in. In that case prob cut Arsonists.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-26-2017 at 12:04 PM.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi! New in the game and in the forum.

I’ve been testing this deck and some similar combinations.

Particulary I have been testing with less killing allies and more making them useles with:

-Aldmor curse x3 or 4. This card is very useful on turn 2 on a weak ally. If you are able to maintain it on deck it can annoy a lot for some decks like bloodfang or aramia. Also, if you recieve a second curse it can be used to kill if needed, as the sustain requirement will not be able to be payed.

-Subdue X4. I think is selfexplanatory
    But I think its interesting because can deal with allies of cost 3 with 5 or 6 health that cannot be killed easily. And as you dont use supernova, you will not kill the ally when trying to wipe the board.

But obviously the opponent can try to kill their own ally, but that will be their problem, and in some decks there will be no way to do it.

-consuming fear X2. For 2cc I think its interesting because its versatility, can kill low allies if necessary or can help subdue with stronger ones.

Also taking out Evil ascendant and Pillaging arsonists makes space for

-shadowbolt, helps killing big allies and also compensates the shadow loss of transmorification.

-amulet of conjuring, At some point I felt that more drawing was needed.

Another last thought: having so little allies (just 3 armored) makes a lot of cards of opponent decks useless.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Uldin; 04-05-2022 at 06:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also: what about poisoned well? It can do huge damage on late game for just 3cc

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldin View Post
    Also: what about poisoned well? It can do huge damage on late game for just 3cc
    I am not 100% sure but this deck was prob made before most of the cards you mentioned were added to the game. There are many ways to go about it, but do keep in mind this is a tier 3 deck, so don't expect big win rate. The biggest weakness imo is healing and draw. If I were to build it now, I would look at Darkwood Leech, Mending Golem, Falseblood Cultist, Brimstone Devourer package maybe.

― Nikola Tesla