Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Lance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Simple Lance

another deck people have been asking me to post... several times because they have seen me play it (this is porbably the deck i have played the most). i have played it enough now and a few people have reversed it and ive given it to other people to play. so why not

Lance 40

4x jasmine
    2x raven
    3x aldon
    4x priest of the light
    2x aeon
    4x nightshade

4x assassinate
    4x stop, thief
    4x ill gotten gains
    4x bad santa
    4x anklebreaker

i put this deck together back in the PFG shortly after the "nerf" to anklebreaker. i didnt realize at the time that the disable takes affect before the ally retailiates. when i did realize it i put this together and played a little with it... and then moved on to something else. its been sitting in a text file with a couple/three other dozen decks.

it can start a little slow (no turn 1 and only nightshade and bad santa turn 2) but that doesnt seem to matter at all and ends up being VERY fast, hard for mages to keep pace.

it has an uncanny ability to deal with all fatties, easily. nightshade and aldon work so well together in this fashion, they can take out any 5 health ally together and you do not suffer any loss of allies or health. even at 1 attack, nightshade is a huge pain in the butt (i dont know what i was thinking when i suggested his health raise to 2) a turn 2 nightshade is actually key. without it, its a little more difficult to win (not much but some)... turn 2 nightshade makes things so much easier.

round out with jasmine, she is jasmine... and priest of the light for a little heal and SE control. anklebreaker gives you time to deal with allies when you cant but also serves the same function as nightshade... hit the ally for 2, no retaliate and hit them with something else.

add in raven and aeon with lances ability.

THEN add in assassinate with a nightshade...

ill gotten gains and bad santa for draw (i usually end up sacing the BS as i never seem to need it). stop, thief for those pesky items, with the bonus resource.

not much else is really needed...

simple is best.

what really makes this deck so great? having Jasmine, POTL and aldon in your deck. going first, its usually POTL on turn 3. going second its either Jasmine or Aldon. after that, its what will help you most.

want a tad bit more control, try version 2... less draw and more control.

4x jasmine
    2x raven
    3x aldon
    4x priest of the light
    2x aeon
    4x nightshade

4x assassinate
    1x sorcerous poison
    4x stop, thief
    4x ill gotten gains
    3x retreat
    4x anklebreaker

the retreats make this already great control deck even better. and since i usually end up sacking the bad santas, why not get rid of them. and i added in 1 sorcerous poison... a great card it doesnt come up that often, but when it does, it usually wins me the game.

what problems does this deck have? deciding what to sac. i have never had a deck that was so DIFFICULT to decide what to sac. some decks, you can sac this against this opponent or sac that against this one... not this one... all cards are useful against all heroes. the deck has no real weakness or bad matchups. i made the deck 42 cards teching in Spelleater Bands and have yet to even need the card against the mages ive faught. so have never cast it.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With so many 4 ofs saccing should be easy. How many times you find yourself using 4 of a particular card in a game? I don't think it's a lot apart from a few certain cards and even they don't get used in all games. I don't think getting rid of Bad Santa's is a good idea, at least not all four of them. Sometimes even with perfectly tuned 40 size, you don't get your IGG till very late and it might cost you the game.

I don't like Sorcerous Poison but I think it could be fun when/if you get it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you have either version to try

the reason i took out the bad santas for the second version was because i was always sacing BS or letting it sit in my hand cause i never needed it.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    you have either version to try

the reason i took out the bad santas for the second version was because i was always sacing BS or letting it sit in my hand cause i never needed it.
    I wish I was as lucky as you

Too many times I thought where's my IGG in 40 decks in late game.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 05-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    most of the time... im winning without draw.

im mean seriously, the ONLY times i have lost with this particular deck was drawing back to back to back copies of the same card... thats how good this deck is!
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I didn't say I lose whenever I don't draw my IGG

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah you've released this deck! Now everybody's gonna hop on the gravy train

Haha kidding but seriously, I had a lot of fun with the first version. It's very strong, consistent and (the best thing is) really fun to play! Only bad matchup is perhaps Moonstalker, rest of the time you have game against everyone else. Easily got me over 300 then, before I started testing other decks.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post

want a tad bit more control, try version 2... less draw and more control.

4x jasmine
    2x raven
    3x aldon
    4x priest of the light
    2x aeon
    4x nightshade

4x assassinate
    1x sorcerous poison
    4x stop, thief
    4x ill gotten gains
    3x retreat
    4x anklebreaker

the retreats make this already great control deck even better. and since i usually end up sacking the bad santas, why not get rid of them. and i added in 1 sorcerous poison... a great card it doesnt come up that often, but when it does, it usually wins me the game.

what problems does this deck have? deciding what to sac. i have never had a deck that was so DIFFICULT to decide what to sac. some decks, you can sac this against this opponent or sac that against this one... not this one... all cards are useful against all heroes. the deck has no real weakness or bad matchups. i made the deck 42 cards teching in Spelleater Bands and have yet to even need the card against the mages ive faught. so have never cast it.
    Thank you for this Caitlyn, I've tried many many decks by now, and while some were rly good, like Zal of a version I came up with, they just didn't have all the weird tricks that Rogue decks do. I'm currently playing your second deck, and it works absolutely great. I did take out one assassinate and put in Assassin's Cloak, but that's just preference I guess and cause I thought it was cool hehe :P Thank you!
    Last edited by Martin Dietz Kriegsbaum; 07-23-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sorry for the late reply

and i am so glad you are enjoying my simple lance
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A simple lance is a good lance. I like how you threw in the 1 sorcerous poison. If you wanna get crazy sub in mugged for the retreats (and there's your extra draw if you want to backup IGG).
    Last edited by Jets; 08-10-2012 at 06:24 AM.