Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Priest deck diversity

List of different decks I faced in QM, or saw a list on forums or played them myself. They are here for reference, and also to showcase what SE has to offer in area deckbuilding. If you know another archetype that is not in the list comment below. I'll be doing these for other classes as well, so check those out as well! Updated for version 3.6.

Zhanna:
    Control Fatty Roll
    Control Vergon
    Control Haste
    Control Resource Destruction
    Aggro Attachment

Jericho:
    Control Haste
    Control Resource Destruction
    Midrange Templar (Attachment-based)
    Control Fatty Roll
    Aggro Attachment

Threbin:
    Midrange Templar
    Control Templar
    Arcane Semi Solo
    Midrange Twilight
    Midrange Aldmor

*It might be wrong but I am trying to make distinction between builds that run early allies like Seductress, Priest of the Light, Aldon, Bandit and fewer Banishes/Hymns/Retreats from those that run more high cost allies and more abilities and fewer low cost allies. The first deck group can still be put under control due to still running 4 copies of Tidal Waves and some copies of removal, but I feel that ally line up is very similar to midrange Boris deck and that deck would also run 4x Tidal Waves if it had access to that card. TW is simply too good not to put in every priest deck ever, so it messes a bit deck classification. Same goes for some Threbin builds. Basically if the curve allows for consistent openings of t2 ally into t3 ally into t4 ally that pressure the opponent I classify it as midrange.
    Last edited by Veles; 07-02-2018 at 05:25 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you go aggro with Bandit, seductress and aldon, you only need 3 TW in 40 cards deck. So like 3 TW, 3 FP, 6 removals (retreat, ice storm, banish).

Aggro zhanna wth Bandit is super fun and it is a versatile deck, but I believe t2 chalice slow zhanna is generally stronger.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Funny. I only see Stall priests. Either Zhanna or Jericho. All those other archetype may be possibilities but they are not played anywhere near as much or effectively as stall.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These lists aren't meant for just high tier decks, but to show many possibilities of deckbuilding. For example I faced today interesting Threbin with Ghostmaker that took advantage of DK and Bandit not going to GY to cycle TO for lot of draw and in late game he makes push with Kings Pride and hasted allies.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are a ton of possibilities when it comes to decks. We could sit here and list them all but nobody really cares about them unless they give you results.

People play to win the game most of the time. Experimenting with new types of decks is done for fun or in events with stipulations or restrictions. That is when you see many types come into play.

Otherwise, people only want decks that win. Which is why Stall is the deck of choice for Priest.

I have never really messed around with RD much. I tried to play a RD Twilight Zhanna which failed miserably. I had like a dozen losses in a row before a win xD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    Funny. I only see Stall priests. Either Zhanna or Jericho. All those other archetype may be possibilities but they are not played anywhere near as much or effectively as stall.
    As a new player (well, returning from 6 years ago) I appreciate comments like this. I like seeing creative deck ideas, but I also like seeing what is currently competitive.

I wish I could find more discussion on the current competitive metagame.