Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nerf this...nerf that...How about some buffs???

In my limited time spend to this game and forums I have read quite a few threads about overused and overpowered cards.

Nerfing cards, if the are NOT braking the game which in that case nerf is needed, results in an endless loop imo.
    if a card is nerfed because is overused, in a while some other card will take its place. What then? Nerf that one too?

From my community experience I have witnesed quit a few complaints about games meta needs some refreshing change. In my opinion this change could be implemented in two ways:

1) With the intoduction of new cards that further improoves the already good balance of the game and may make some older, less used cards see more play again. (please dont shoot me down yet for stating the obious)

This, in my opinion, is the best way for the game to move forward but it has some drawbacks as well. Making new cards in a steady pace requires large amount of funds to keep its exellent quallity in art and ballance.

2) with the buffing of some older cards that dont see much game time in the current meta.

This option could greatly refresh the game in a much cheaper way than introducing new cards since art already exists.
    The impact that this will have to the physical game could be minimised by letting this part of game to have its own format.
    The digital game being somewhat dynamic could bring many oldplayers back, more discusions about the new cards, more decks and eventually a happier players base.

Your thoughts if you please...

PS An article about changes to older cards. The author when he wrote it, didnt have board possition. They are simply some suggestions made by a player. Nothing more, nothing less.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-errata-draft)
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Buff spirt warden
    Allies can't enter hand or play unless it's with an ability activated with se. Maybe?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    not that many cards need nerfin imo(albeit i have just returned from a hiatus, so still need to refresh myself on the new cards/combos etc.),however, itd be great if some older cards got a small buff here and their not all of em ofcourse but some would be appreciated
    IGN: a1 dranucus
    Proud Member of A1 Alliance
    "If you bad mouth my waifu i'll kill you" - Yoji Itami

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kurt whitehelm +1 HP. Pretty much half of the cotc cards need to be buffed
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I've understood some of the nerfs over the years, but it seems the dev team does that based on input from players and percentages of cards used , I mean that's how a card gets its reputation as OP. Somebody figures out how to use it well and everybody jumps on the bandwagon. Then there's an outcry about unbalanced this and OP that. Honestly makes my head hurt.

See the fun thing is it may take a season or two for somebody find the counter to those cards/decks. But thrn they say it's only a one time deck vs that op deck or card. Not good for QM or tourney , wtv. But that's how it's rolled for years now. I'm not immune to it, I made my best rating ever w toolbox Aramia, loved it, it could counter almost anything given the right draw. But then they nerfed a few cards and poof, it was total crap after that. Oh well, next!

On the idea of buffing cards, esp those from the first 2 sets, it sure would shake things up, cards that see little play might come back, everybody would have to read them again and it might be fun. I mean if we aren't getting new cards anytime soon , then why not play w the system a bit.

But really idk, the game overall is very balanced , you can so much w almost all heros, and there are so many combos and decks that have never been explored, mostly because they would be hard to work out and the cards are rarely used. But I like the experimentation factor.

I do think a few buffs to balance the nerfs might be fun, but I think an expansion of LL would be a lot more satisfying..
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Buff Thoughtful Investment to give resource when it is played so it can be comboed with Wand of Izikus. Both card are shitty atm but think of the awesome possibilities.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i aggree too buff!!! got my own gym now lol
    BR34K P01NT
    taking points and breaking joints 24/7
    soon to be SEF champion!!!
    [/center]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Never mind allies, there's a lot of class cards (particularly in DP) that are really bad right now. A number of weapons/armor in cotc could certainly use buffs as well. Lots could be done.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eventhough it may sound easier to rework old cards, but it still require some efforts.
    I would prefer all development efforts put into designing new cards