Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Itīs simple, if you want to punish stall decks without affecting other item based decks, change the ability to the following:
    "When Sorcerer of Endia/Rapacious Vermin is summoned while an opposing player controls at least 4 items and/or abilities, target item or ability or target 2 items or abilities with casting cost of 3cc or less controlled by that player are destroyed"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the gambit nerf is not necessary, because anmors call was the main problem. Now that it is a 4 drop I think the problem has been solved. We should bring back the old gambit. If it is still a problem then the correct nerf would be this I believe...: if gambit is not played before the end of the turn, then it gets exiled. This would stop you from being able to bring back gambit and hold it for later problems such as dakrath, sandworm, and fortified wisp, or any ally really. But those more so than others.

The overwhelm nerf I have mixed feelings on.. Probably my three most successful decks ever all relied on overwhelm. Those decks were wulven MS, fat victor, and now undead MS. On the one side not many decks do run overwhelm, but the ones that do can use it with an overwhelming level of effect.. Truly devastating. To my mind the nerf has very little impact on any of those decks because they all have or had significant ways to accumulate resources, such as wrath of the forest and recurring effects like blood pack shaman and death knight... With overwhelm, when successfully used usually the damage is already done and the game is all but over. You clear their board and can then usually go straight for the face with your allies. The one card you draw was just the cherry on top... Sure it's sweet but it certainly didn't make the dish of you get what I'm saying...

I rarely used spirit shuriken so I'm not the best person to elucidate on the impact the nerf has had, but playing against it pre nerf I know it was certainly a very problematic card to come up against. Rogue generally struggles to clear a large board late game if it is not allowed to effectively ramp up its resources with things like stop theif and IGG... So i guess it needs a card of this sort!

The same goes with exalt, I rarely used or played against it so again I'm not the best person here for suggestions... Maybe something like "spells that target this ally cost 1 more to play. It's a slight nerf but maybe that is all that is needed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the proper overwhelm nerf should be: a base cost of 3 but..: Overwhelm costs +1 to play for each ally you control to a maximum of 6-8.. Or something like that. So a 2 ally overwhelm would cost 5 but a 4 ally overwhelm would cost 7. This way you can't get an insane amount of value from it and in some cases (although generally probably not) you may not be able to play it all.

This way you can't load up the board and overwhelm as easily, or overwhelm and then play additional cards... You will only be able to maybe play one ally and overwhelm in a turn and that's about it.
    Last edited by Nijjis; 09-26-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gravebone. Is all I have to say. Useless. Completely nerfed. His ability is now on cards you can purchace for every deck, and they use it a lot better. Balance has been lost in this games entirety due to the abundance of 2 drops with multiple affects, that are so much better than cards of higher cost. Templar and twighlight and aldmor all terrible, too much synergy to even compete against someone with such a deck tbh. Pretty much any combo is a game winner tbh the allies buff each other too much. Praxixx can kill off any small deck due to its ability, so I could in theory make an 80 card deck, full of stall cards and just discard them to death. Would probably work if they had 80 also.
    Last edited by Bane Of Kings; 09-27-2017 at 04:38 PM.