Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only reason to ever nerf a card is if it is breaking the game. This card is not breaking the game...
    LeiBruc - A1's Kung Fu Master - A1 : Luck is for the meek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    The change I suggested wouldn't effect how it stops enemy hasted allies, my shard zal has No problem with Brax, thanks to mindcontrol. Elementals have no problem with Brax, many ways to get past it. I was more referring to Wulven tribes inability to get past Brax. Brax easily shuts down wolves, no ability spell to kill Brax, not enough ping to kill it.

All of you just can't stand losing one of your main cards, even if it is obviously overpowered and overused. My analysis of Brax fits with Wulvens standards for nerfs. Which is balance, the game isn't very balanced when every human deck has at least 3 Brax.
    Yes, we are all salty about possibly losing brax lol.
    I wonder what was the conclusion of your analysis of Wulven nerfing standards, because lately the nerfs do not even make sense. Exaltation or overwhelm? Please do tell how those fit in your assessment. They were pretty much nerfed because "reasons"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I vote for no...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Instead of trying to balance cards try to balance draw.
    Take away the 1000 ways to draw cards and it will better balance all the heroes and allies then anything anyone is suggesting.
    This is game of draw now, nothing else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfff View Post
    Yes, we are all salty about possibly losing brax lol.
    I wonder what was the conclusion of your analysis of Wulven nerfing standards, because lately the nerfs do not even make sense. Exaltation or overwhelm? Please do tell how those fit in your assessment. They were pretty much nerfed because "reasons"
    Wulven saw the obvious power behind both exhaltation and overwhelm, both had double abilities, after wc Wulven felt both Vic and elementalis needed nerfing. I have no problem with those nerfs, the change didn't effect the spirit of the card.

Changing Brax to affect both players, and removing his second ability isn't ruining Brax. The haste stopping is still there, as is a big body. Only difference is now you can't use your haste allies to drop the health of my allies. Wulven have abilities to kill low cost allies but nothing to kill 5 and up, which is where haste would come in to make up for that, but with Brax being in every game with a human in it Wulven has no answer to Brax, ms can try to hide for a turn to hit the following but then you just reduce health to 3. Dc could 2 card combo with hero ability a weapon and some spell to do 3 more damage. All options for Wulven tribe to kill Brax is poor at best. Justify using Wulven heros when Brax gets dropped so often.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LeiBruc View Post
    The only reason to ever nerf a card is if it is breaking the game. This card is not breaking the game...
    Cards have been nerfed many times for becoming used a high % of the time because it becomes automatic, reducing the variety

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cards have been nerfed many times for becoming used a high % of the time because it becomes automatic, reducing the variety
    The result of that was others to take their place. Its a never ending cicle.

Thre would always be popular powerfull cards. That doent nessesarily means that they are overpowerd
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The result of that was others to take their place. Its a never ending cicle.

Thre would always be popular powerfull cards. That doent nessesarily means that they are overpowerd
    How about when there are cards too powerful? When you can point out a flaw that is affecting the game? And how about when the change suggested doesn't even change it's main purpose, just secondary abilities?

Cards with multiple abilities are usually the cards being changed, it seems to me and any player that plays human that Brax is a powerhouse card with many benefits, it's main one removes the use of a commonly use ability from just one side, while also having good stats and a second ability which also helps it stay on the board.

I was screwing around with Wulven tribe and so I found Brax to be a problem, one which I can't adjust for nothing I can put in my deck that I know will get rid of it. Seems like a problem with the game balance, if I can't find a way around it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about when there are cards too powerful? When you can point out a flaw that is affecting the game? And how about when the change suggested doesn't even change it's main purpose, just secondary abilities?

Cards with multiple abilities are usually the cards being changed, it seems to me and any player that plays human that Brax is a powerhouse card with many benefits, it's main one removes the use of a commonly use ability from just one side, while also having good stats and a second ability which also helps it stay on the board.

I was screwing around with Wulven tribe and so I found Brax to be a problem, one which I can't adjust for nothing I can put in my deck that I know will get rid of it. Seems like a problem with the game balance, if I can't find a way around it.
    I just have a different aproach than yours. If you are interested to learn more....

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....out-some-buffs
    Member of A1 family

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just took a look through the options Wulven has for getting rid of Brax and they are few and far between, its too difficult. Dc has the best chance with any weapon and speed strike he can easily. It's a 2 card combo plus hero ability. The harder they fall, but only under the right conditions, same goes for rip hide and overwhelm. After that we have ping it to death, taking away haste takes away 2 Wulven allies and krygon, Aldmor scout, amount others. Leaving you with weapons, dc is fine here but ms and bloodfang aren't proficent with weapons, what's left to use? Captured prey just stops it from attacking, sinkhole, mark of the feared, rest for the weary(maybe but back next turn and need a location out) rabid bite, a legend falls. Look for yourself, tell me what a Wulven player can add to make sure they can kill Brax.

Taking away Brax second ability might give ms a chance, and removing haste from everyone just seems fair. It only costs 5, a very cost effective 5. And Wulven has no dragons tooth, they struggle vs 5cc and up allies but manageable if they can actually attack the ally
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 09-20-2017 at 12:10 AM.