Tournaments Won
    Groundshift could help a bit
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexmaw View Post
    Groundshift could help a bit
    Ground shift would help as part of a 3 card combo, ally on field with 3 defense or less, groundshift, then some way to boostmy ally or reduce Brax. Minimal 3 card combo all to kill a 5 cc ally.

Quickest easiest way to fix this without touching Brax would be to give dragontooth or something else to Wulven, but I dont know the ramifications of doing such a thing. Would give Wulven strength beyond just killing Brax
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 09-20-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So we are going to nerf all good humans ally.Who already have weaker ally pool then shadow?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Brax? Nerf? Ok, let's compromise. Haste stopping ability stays, but no longer can't be attacked by allies w lower health or however it reads?

But really.
    No.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    I just took a look through the options Wulven has for getting rid of Brax and they are few and far between, its too difficult. Dc has the best chance with any weapon and speed strike he can easily. It's a 2 card combo plus hero ability. The harder they fall, but only under the right conditions, same goes for rip hide and overwhelm. After that we have ping it to death, taking away haste takes away 2 Wulven allies and krygon, Aldmor scout, amount others. Leaving you with weapons, dc is fine here but ms and bloodfang aren't proficent with weapons, what's left to use? Captured prey just stops it from attacking, sinkhole, mark of the feared, rest for the weary(maybe but back next turn and need a location out) rabid bite, a legend falls. Look for yourself, tell me what a Wulven player can add to make sure they can kill Brax.

Taking away Brax second ability might give ms a chance, and removing haste from everyone just seems fair. It only costs 5, a very cost effective 5. And Wulven has no dragons tooth, they struggle vs 5cc and up allies but manageable if they can actually attack the ally
    While I understand where you're coming from, I disagree. It's true his abilities are very powerful and one sided, but that doesn't immediately make them unfair. 5 resources is quite a lot and you're unlikely to play anything else alongside him when his impact is strongest. If there is an issue with Brax, it would be his secondary ability preventing attacks. But honestly, I don't see that to be as big of an issue since his whole point is to stop fast small guys with a lot of attack (this also prevents anything under the effect of Shard of Power from taking him out which would make his effect worthless).

As for your claims with the Wulven class, they have access to 3 passive removal cards. Morbid Acolyte, Grimjaw Hydra, and Groundshift. That's only if your deck is so reliant on haste that you need something to remove any of his effects to take care of him. You kind of played it off, but allies + Captured Prey can deal with him quite readily. Having access to so much low cost ally destruction means their big guys are often left on their own, especially in the case of Death From Above. Darkclaw can damage it with powerful weapon strikes + an ally or Speedstrike, something you're deck is bound to have anyways. Bloodfang has powerful allies that he can cast for free by that point, not to mention the use of Relentless Savagery to ensure that 6 damage. Moonstalker would have the toughest time, but you could always use his stealth to get allies on the board and then take him out. Even if it's not run much, if the health clause is giving you that much trouble, then run something like Packmaster's Helm or Pack Alpha (especially if you're running a Wulven Alignment deck or Death From Above).

Basically, you have options. Yeah they aren't as good as Mind Control or Tidal Wave or the like, but they still work. With as much low cost removal that Wulven has access to, I really don't think they need an easy way to insta-kill high cost allies. Beyond that, if not having the haste is causing you that much trouble, then simply run less haste cards and rely on sticky or beefy allies instead.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    As for your claims with the Wulven class, they have access to 3 passive removal cards. Morbid Acolyte, Grimjaw Hydra, and Groundshift. That's only if your deck is so reliant on haste that you need something to remove any of his effects to take care of him. You kind of played it off, but allies + Captured Prey can deal with him quite readily.
    Groundshift will not work to regain haste(haste is still removed), morbid acolyte is an option(which still needs further cards to actually remove Brax), but grimjaw is another option but again situational(would need a boosted grimjaw or attack with grim and then another ally) . As for captured prey, it could work, but the meta as it is now, humans have many ways to knock down health to 3(gambit, thunderstrike construct, weapons, etc) and still have to wait a turn to even try.

Like I said there isn't anything(minus crescendo) I can put in my Wulven deck that will let me kill Brax, short of multiple card combos or having the perfect situation(overwhelm, or harder they fall). This is a huge balance issue, if you can't see that then I suggest you build yourself a Wulven deck with killing Brax in mind and see how you fair. Ms stall might work with crescendos and evil ascendants, but that's something different.

Am I the only one who sees this as a problem? Wulven players how do you kill Brax? Not players suggesting ways to do it, Wulven players and how they actually do it. I'm pretty new to Wulven, only played a little bit here and there never anything consistent.

Otto he would know if anyone! Hey Otto care to shed some light?
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 09-20-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nah.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well if Brax Soldier is such an issue you can play wulven decks that do not rely solely on haste allies. You can build more than one wulven class deck. Alternative if you are running a lot of weenies with low attack is to tech Harder they Fall or if you are not running tribal deck Morbid Acolyte.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-20-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You are all right Wulven has many many multicard combos to awkwardly get around to killing Brax. While every other class can dispatch of him or just about any ally with ease

I'm not a Wulven player, just something I noticed, it's not something I'm getting pleasure out of. It's odd to me that a single 5cc ally could be so difficult to kill. Kinda leaves Wulven behind the rest of the classes
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 09-20-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as a player that hate haste and think it is a stupid noob ability i think we need more cards like braxnorian soldier.