Close

Thread: Game Wait Times

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Game Wait Times

Hey all,

Quick question: what is your average wait time to get into a QM? Does it vary by rating? How about by time of month? Has it changed much recently - as in, during the last couple of updates?

For about as long as I can remember, I could find a game in between 15s-2min at basically any time of the day or night. It was always longer when the US players were sleeping, but never more than two minutes or so. Now I'm returning after taking a hiatus of about a month, and I can't find a game to save my life. We're talking delays of 10min at prime time and indefinite waits off of it. Admittedly, I'm trying to play at 0 rating during the middle of the month...but so would a new player joining today.

Just curious to see if I'm alone in this. Thanks for your time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    Hey all,

Quick question: what is your average wait time to get into a QM? Does it vary by rating? How about by time of month? Has it changed much recently - as in, during the last couple of updates?

For about as long as I can remember, I could find a game in between 15s-2min at basically any time of the day or night. It was always longer when the US players were sleeping, but never more than two minutes or so. Now I'm returning after taking a hiatus of about a month, and I can't find a game to save my life. We're talking delays of 10min at prime time and indefinite waits off of it. Admittedly, I'm trying to play at 0 rating during the middle of the month...but so would a new player joining today.

Just curious to see if I'm alone in this. Thanks for your time.
    Zero rating does have a longer wait time in the middle of the month (something we're looking at), however, I must ask this question as it tends to be the case for 10 minutes+. Have you updated the game recently? Also, what platform are you playing on?
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is the biggest reason why I stopped playing.

I wonder if anyone cares to check how long the actual wait time is, once it's passed 5 mins or something. You'd just close the app and do something else.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Zero rating does have a longer wait time in the middle of the month (something we're looking at), however, I must ask this question as it tends to be the case for 10 minutes+. Have you updated the game recently? Also, what platform are you playing on?
    I play (and have experienced this issue) on both PC and iOS. Both are up-to-date.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Game Wait Times

I've tweaked the rating range for those under 100 to be paired with people within 150 of that rating. It was previously only within 100. That should help somewhat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    I play (and have experienced this issue) on both PC and iOS. Both are up-to-date.
    Thanks for answering. I know it seems silly, but you'd be surprised how many times that has been the case recently. Anyways, GDC said above that he's tweaked the range for rating 0. Considering I played a lot in the 150 range and got games instantly, I hope this helps out a lot. We'll be keeping an eye on the issue.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I've tweaked the rating range for those under 100 to be paired with people within 150 of that rating. It was previously only within 100. That should help somewhat.
    You should advertise this!!
    IGN: Kyltz