Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

meltdown mode needs a change?

Its been a while since I played this mode to be honest so appologies in advance if things are now different.

It was very time consuming for me as a beginer to build a deck from packs and when my deck was finally ready waiting time for a match was usually long. This facts discouraged me for playing meldown so i eventually stoped.

Both issues, I personally encountered, could be improoved imo by allowing the players to play more games with each constructed deck.
    Ladder with be more populated because the same player can imediately starts a new game after finishing the first. Deckbuilding stage will be reduced so a longer percentage of players time spend will be in actuall play.

This is just a raw idea which can be further discussed and perfected if people find it interesting, so any constuctive comments will be very helpfull for the game imo.

Edit: Consider motivating more people to participate in meldown by giving rewards to all top 100 players. More people will be happier for spending their time in this event and rewards can be carefully planed not to hurt game economics.
    Last edited by Spartan; 09-11-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the situation is very different with experienced md players. It takes possibly < 1 minute to pick a new deck when you know what you are picking (knowing the cards) - of course the waiting time is the same for everyone.

But regarding the ability to play multiple games with the same deck, this is a def no-no imho. That will only boost people to search for unbeatable combo decks because even though it would take more time, I believe many would do it if it would only be needed once per three games for example. And that would make beginners even more discouraged to play md if they face such decks all the time.
    And for the reward part, it seems that 100 weekly players is hard to get atm so I dont see the need to reward more players.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by aRa View Post
    I think the situation is very different with experienced md players. It takes possibly < 1 minute to pick a new deck when you know what you are picking (knowing the cards) - of course the waiting time is the same for everyone.

But regarding the ability to play multiple games with the same deck, this is a def no-no imho. That will only boost people to search for unbeatable combo decks because even though it would take more time, I believe many would do it if it would only be needed once per three games for example. And that would make beginners even more discouraged to play md if they face such decks all the time.
    And for the reward part, it seems that 100 weekly players is hard to get atm so I dont see the need to reward more players.
    Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts.

If we combine the facts, that the experienced players make their decks in no time and they can try again if they are not happy with their luck, then inexperienced players with less deckbuilding skills have no chance even know. Why should they anyway? They have to learn the mode and the game to be more succesfull.

The issue you told us can be solved by locking the deck you just make and only be allowed to make a new one if you play a number of games with it. This should be saved even if you leave the mode or closing the app.
    That way the same numbers of players can play more games and have the lader more populated.
    Deckbuilding skill and luck will matter the most and not deckbuilding speed.

As for the rewards, I was talking about give motive to more players. If someone feels that the effort and the time spend in the mode is not rewarding for him might give up the mode at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do not think meltdown is a strong enough mode to stand on its own. I think Shadow Era should adopt a system where they have quickmatch and another queue which would be a rotational Mode of the Day. This allows players to continually be interested by the game as new modes are introduced and if enough people like a certain one, it can be made into an official game mode like QM.

I also think they should introduce special events. Like during the weekend if you get 3 wins in a day you get a second free chest roll.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea of events! +1 to that!

This, and any mode existing or new though, imo needs to be introduced with good timing. The reasons for what i just said I dont like to mention them for now.

A good time for new or improoved modes will be, imo, after a while new cards are introduced to the game. The new cards and improoved or new modes will convince old players to return and stay and new players will have even more reasons to stick around.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think there are not enough players. Even qm is not so much populated these days what to say about md. I played md 2 months ago, my workaround for long waiting time was just doing something else when waiting, play some other game or chat on telegram for example. ))
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    I think there are not enough players. Even qm is not so much populated these days what to say about md. I played md 2 months ago, my workaround for long waiting time was just doing something else when waiting, play some other game or chat on telegram for example. ))
    This, my friend, is not the reason. Its the result of a series of previous actions which affected both modes.
    Best thing to do is to find the causes of that effect and corect them if possible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there should be play vs AI mode, a button appears when no opponent found for more than 1 minute. Of course you earn no points by winning vs AI, only gold, but at least u won't wait forever. I can see many players complaining in game chat about this problem. I think there were many more but they just left playing game.
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Cerddorion
    Meltdown should operate like this: You draft your deck, then you play a set series of games with that same deck (either 5 or 7) and you w/l record determines the prize that you receive at the end.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Cerddorion View Post
    Meltdown should operate like this: You draft your deck, then you play a set series of games with that same deck (either 5 or 7) and you w/l record determines the prize that you receive at the end.
    I like the concept but not the length of games.
    How about you draft the deck. You have to use that deck for 3 games that come out to be a win or loss, draws do not count towards the 3.
    Then the new deck is drafted after 3 games.
    If someone logs off and comes back the next day they still have that same deck to finish up all 3 games until they get the 3 done.