Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow. Great write up there d31m

I completely agree about combat animations between cards. Too be honest, it looks terrible to see that funky sword come out and slash. Very 2010 or less graphics. I would prefer something faster and more low key. Hearthstone has it right imo. The way cards just quickly interact with one another is perfect for speeding up game play. Not sure if we can adopt something like that or not but even at top speed it is a definite drawback in game flow and aesthetics.

Attack with a card, both cards pop up, both cards make their combat animation, repeat. I love this game but that got old a long time ago. There is no need for so much emphasis on combat interaction because there are no surprises that we are looking for. I know my ally will do damage and receive damage. I don’t need to see it upclose every time.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InsanoMango View Post
    Attack with a card, both cards pop up, both cards make their combat animation, repeat. I love this game but that got old a long time ago. There is no need for so much emphasis on combat interaction because there are no surprises that we are looking for. I know my ally will do damage and receive damage. I don’t need to see it upclose every time.
    Thinking on it a little further, having a game log sidebar on the right-hand side on the Battlefield listing previous card interactions would also be cool. Just have the card art as an icon; then a symbol indicating the target; then a card art icon of the target. Make the sidebar scrollable and when mouseover the icons, display the full card.

And counters on cards with Duration indication remaining turns in play.

I know this is a lot of unessential coding, but Mango got me all excited with the props

Back to lurk-mode.
    Last edited by d31m; 03-16-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hehehe.

Well, i think many would agree. Anything that can be done to speed up the game and or improve quality is something that we should look into.

however, at this time i know that the focus is on getting the new cards released.

Maybe some of this they will look into so it is always good to drop ideas on us when you can.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter