Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Ter Adun - the Barbarian Warlord"

This is a (quite heavily modified) iteration of a deck I took to 1/4 finals of the no. 1 Wildcard tournament of 2016. The deck has as far as I can remember started as Buqs Ter Adun "Break Dancing" deck and evolved to adapt to the meta for all this time so it s pretty much a different deck now. The deck usually gets to 290-310 rating and stays there (although I usually don t play some super high volume of games). I believe this is probably as close to dispatching with some problems found in the current meta for this type of Ter Adun Ravager decks (http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....462#post603462) as it could get. The deck is very fun to play though and usually eats stall decks alive.

"Ter Adun - the Barbarian Warlord":

4x Spitfire Hound
    1x Feasterling
    1x Yari Spearman
    4x Ravager Zealot
    3x Murderous Hulk
    2x Thriss Demolitionist
    3x Crippling Blow
    1x Meltdown/Wild Berserker (didn t yet decided)
    3x Ellos Resolve
    2x Sinkhole
    1x Shield Bash
    4x Blood Frenzy
    1x Nocturnal Advantage
    1x Enrage
    1x Rampage
    1x Obelisk of Echoes
    2x Crown of Ages
    4x Thriss Assault Plinth
    4x Thriss Crucible
    1x Spectral Sabre

Mind - one of the combos for retaking board is Hulk/Demolitionist + Ellos Resolve. At t5 (or 5 res) best works Crucible + Spitfire Hound combo - so best is to provide for that from starting hand (cast all from hand usually is for situations of most fierce fight for board). Don t hesitate to destroy Assault Plinth when it s neccessary (that s why there s 4 copies), although I find it gives best results when player manages to keep it (gives super att amp, usually needed to keep disposing opponent ally threats - especially that you re able to haste in plenty allies). Ofc always try collecting cards for destroying Thriss Crucible although this could be tricky sometimes. Not a rule but almost always good setting Bf t3 or ASAP unless board position is more important. The deck requires very careful planning and saccing decisions (Crown and Assault Plinth copies work interchangeably at start of games here depending what you think you ll need more but needs extra caution not to sac too many and make some provisions if you loose your artifacts, spare Bf usually also being the usual sac food although not always). It is not uncommon to win games when you re behind with up to 3 allies at start of games so often you allow your opponent some board presence and set up yourself but this also needs reasonable caution (if you have Sinkhole at starting hand to exile opp 2 drop, you should probably do it instead of setting up Crown, lol). Also takes great expertise what of your items to destroy and how to do it (it s a valid trick to destroy your Bf if you can provide for 2nd one, although it s a very tempo-costly trick usually).

Enjoy, all comments welcome.
    Last edited by LeonTheBarbarian; 09-10-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would put more Feasterlings, possibly 4x. Instead of retaking the board it is better to grab it from the start. For example Feasterling on t2 into Crown on t3 takes down 5hp ally.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried yet quickly lowered the number because it s not really worth it despite what it might seem at first glance. Mainly because at 3hp he just goes down so easily and is not really a valid play past T2/3, rather a dead draw (and with this deck those first 10 turns are really crucial and each card matters). Also the heal that s in my deck is there for good reason, many times giving me the health capacity to close the game so a potent extra source of hp loss is usually a no-no. Still 1 spot for him in the deck since on those times when you do happen to have him in starting hand, he usually proves quite useful hitting for up to 5dmg indeed. I wouldn t raise its number though as it just hurts the deck too much and his role is to an extent achieved also by more cards centered around board regain that all in all synergize better with each other (Thriss Crucible, Zealot, Spitfire Hound). Good call but "been there, tried that"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I´m not buying the fact that you got this to 310 rating with basically only Blood Frenzy for draw. Seems like you would lose half your games for that reason alone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPsy View Post
    I�m not buying the fact that you got this to 310 rating with basically only Blood Frenzy for draw. Seems like you would lose half your games for that reason alone.
    Quick match is not tournaments and this deck seems to indeed do better in qm because it s versatile enough to be taking on the vast crowd of fancy deck builds. Yet you re right to an extent - I just gave it a rough sketch of rating levels it achieves, so to be more precise it s like 2 times probably I hit 310 with it, most often I sit around 300. Sometimes you are able to trade blow for blow until your Bf finally arrives - the deck's board retake capacity allows for that. The sub-optimal draw power is mostly visible in tournaments against other warriors running very streamlined decks, which in fact does cost you games straightaway (especially against some popular decks like Boris, Tala or Vess). I m looking forward to LL2 extension to release some cards that will help with the draw. Right now all that is left is probably tweaking per match up if tournament rules allow for that.