Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Art Contest Winners and Extension

Hello everyone! As you may know, we held an art contest for some alternate art works for some of our favorite cards to be added into the game. We had many great entries and have chosen a few winners!

Armored Sandworm by Elisa Claes
    Armored Sandworm - Elisa Claes - Quality.jpg Views: 49 Size: 67.4 KB">Armored Sandworm - Elisa Claes - Quality.jpg

Bazaar by Hebron PPG
    Bazaar - Hebron PPG - Quality.jpg Views: 46 Size: 77.3 KB">Bazaar - Hebron PPG - Quality.jpg

Fire Snake by CyART Ciprian Florea
    Fire Snake - CyART Ciprian Florea - Quality - copy.jpg Views: 42 Size: 92.9 KB">Fire Snake - CyART Ciprian Florea - Quality - copy.jpg

Ironhide Karash by Rudy Rijsdijk
    Ironhide Karash - Rudy Rijsdijk.jpg Views: 52 Size: 74.3 KB">Ironhide Karash - Rudy Rijsdijk.jpg

Plasma Behemoth by Bobby Pim
    Plasma Behemoth - Bobby Pim.jpg Views: 51 Size: 80.0 KB">Plasma Behemoth - Bobby Pim.jpg

Raven Wildheart by Phu Thieu
    Raven Wildheart - Phu Thieu - Quality.jpg Views: 45 Size: 83.0 KB">Raven Wildheart - Phu Thieu - Quality.jpg

Scourge Colossus by Raphael Bauduin
    Scourge Colossus - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg Views: 50 Size: 78.3 KB">Scourge Colossus - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg

Soul Seeker by CyART Ciprian Florea
    Soul Seeker - CyART Ciprian Florea.jpg Views: 51 Size: 84.1 KB">Soul Seeker - CyART Ciprian Florea.jpg

Congratulations to the artists behind these first round winners! We'll be contacting them in the near future to discuss further details on their prizes. We also want to keep the quality of the art as high as possible, and may require some minor improvements before adding them to the game.

Of the remaining entries, three of the artworks we have decided are fantastic but would suit our needs elsewhere on other cards. We know that was not the intent behind the artwork created, so we'll be contacting the entrants soon about this. With that said, here are the artworks in question!

(click to enlarge)

Ogloth the Glutton by Jimmy Ling which we hope to use for War Giant in Lost Lands Part 2.
    Ogloth the Glutton - Jimmy Ling - (use for War Giant in LLP2).jpg Views: 47 Size: 60.6 KB">Ogloth the Glutton - Jimmy Ling - (use for War Giant in LLP2).jpg

Plasma Behemoth by Martin Novotny to be used for a future card
    Plasma Behemoth - Martin Novotný.jpg Views: 45 Size: 93.8 KB">Plasma Behemoth - Martin Novotný.jpg

Scourge Colossus by Martin Novotny to used for a future card
    Scourge Colossus - Martin Novotný.jpg Views: 48 Size: 91.0 KB">Scourge Colossus - Martin Novotný.jpg
    Last edited by Demnchi; 09-10-2017 at 02:29 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "But there were a lot more than that! What happened to the rest of them!?" You may be asking as you play your copy of Enraged for that sweet +10 health. Do not let the Consuming Fear take hold and lead to Yahri: Valley of Doom! After debating about the rest of the artwork and their quality or similarities to the original artwork, we've come to somewhat of a standstill.

Thus we have decided to open the Bazaar and let the community have more of a say in the rest of these potential winners. Do you think they should be added in or not? Please let us know! After all, these are your alternate artwork cards you'll be boasting about for years to come! Here are the ones that we're undecided on:

(click to enlarge)

Infernal Gargoyle by CyART Ciprian Florea
    Infernal Gargoyle - CyART Ciprian Florea - Quality.jpg Views: 63 Size: 94.0 KB">Infernal Gargoyle - CyART Ciprian Florea - Quality.jpg

Infernal Gargoyle by Rapheael Bauduin
    Infernal Gargoyle - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg Views: 64 Size: 78.2 KB">Infernal Gargoyle - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg

Jasmine Rosecult by Gary Stam
    Jasmine Rosecult - Gary Stam.jpg Views: 61 Size: 74.0 KB">Jasmine Rosecult - Gary Stam.jpg

Jasmine Rosecult by Sang Nguyen
    Jasmine Rosecult - Sang Nguyen.jpg Views: 52 Size: 79.2 KB">Jasmine Rosecult - Sang Nguyen.jpg

Karlstrad Ruler of Gaderi by Bobby Pim
    Karlstrad Ruler of Gaderi - Bobby Pim.jpg Views: 59 Size: 77.0 KB">Karlstrad Ruler of Gaderi - Bobby Pim.jpg

Layarian Seductress by Jackie Felix
    Layarian Seductress - Jackie Felix.jpg Views: 55 Size: 82.7 KB">Layarian Seductress - Jackie Felix.jpg

Layarian Seductress by Raphael Bauduin
    Layarian Seductress - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg Views: 48 Size: 80.1 KB">Layarian Seductress - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg

Ogloth the Glutton by Gary Stam
    Ogloth the Glutton - Gary Stam.jpg Views: 49 Size: 91.5 KB">Ogloth the Glutton - Gary Stam.jpg

Ogloth the Glutton by Rudy Rijsdijk
    Ogloth the Glutton - Rudy Rijsdijk - Not great.jpg Views: 51 Size: 50.7 KB">Ogloth the Glutton - Rudy Rijsdijk - Not great.jpg

Shadow Knight by Raphael Bauduin
    Shadow Knight - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg Views: 36 Size: 59.6 KB">Shadow Knight - Raphaël Bauduin.jpg

Beyond this, there are still a few cards we received no entries for. These will remain open to the community for the time being.

We also will be keeping the cards that doesn't yet have a clear winner open for more entries as well.

If you think you've got the Will to Fight, then raise your War Banner and put the Lythite Coating on your pen and show everyone what you've got! The cards that are still open for entries are:

Winner Not Yet Chosen
    Infernal Gargoyle
    Jasmine Rosecult
    Karlstrad, Ruler of Gaderi
    Layarian Seductress
    Ogloth the Glutton
    Shadow Knight

Had No Entries
    Belladonna
    Bad Santa
    Puwen Bloodhelm
    Dirk Saber
    Lily Rosecult

Please email entries as a 1024x1024 pixel jpg file (the character art only, not including the card frame) to Triton.Baldwin@shadowera.com.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 09-10-2017 at 02:29 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Karlstrad is pretty sick if you ask me. Artist didn't stray very far from the original (same crown, sword, etc) but the pose is more striking and makes him more fierce looking.

The Infernal Gargoyle (s) are both very good depictions but I feel as if the two renditions are just a little too comic-ish.

Shadow Knight looks good as well but needs more detail and would probably look better against a blank (fog like backdrop) like the original. I find the ghosts (souls) cool but distracting.

As for the rest some very decent images but not consistent enough with the current card art imo.

P.S. The Plasma Behemoth and Scourge Colossus winners are the bomb. I just love how the alternate Behemoth has energy leaking out of his body
    Last edited by Creyos; 09-10-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congrats to the ones who have won already, some really great arts there. Also good idea to use some on other cards, Jimmy Ling's Ogloth would fit as War Giant, and I felt from the start that Martin Novotny's Behemoth and Colossus would work great as something else, because they are really great arts, just didn't look like the original enough.

As for the others, Karlstrad and Shadow Knight I feel are close enough to be picked. CyART's Gargoyle is actually pretty close too I'd say, when you examine his compared to the original there are details that are carried over well. Also, I feel Sang Nguyen's Jasmine could be used for something else, as could Jackie Felix's Seductress (with that one you could actually use it as Seductress or some future Twilight ally I feel).
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congrats to all winners!

Of the ones still in the run I think Karlstrad is faithful enough, so as Shadow Knight. Jasmine looks good although she reminds me more of Lily cause of straight hair and big cleavage. I think Seductress by Jackie Felix can pass too. Original Garg is very fuzzy so it is hard to recreate but I think Cyart did a better job.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-10-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    CoooL 10X all for considering my art among the winners and congratulations to all artists

PS: By the way this is one of the pieces that I have not managed to finish on time

https://www.facebook.com/CyARTStudio...type=3&theater
    Last edited by CyART; 09-10-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ogloth the Glutton by Jimmy Ling is my favorite (I may be a bit biased). Even if it gets used for War Giant, I feel that art very well represents Ogloth.
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw