Close

View Poll Results: Do you think we should reduce max deck size to 60 + hero for Quick Match?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 27.78%
  • No

26 72.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think 80 gives people enough room for crazy decks that could exist in the future without giving people an avenue for having rolling pins, even though I'm personally against it. Going down to 60 though, I think would actually hurt the game in the long run.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I feel like maybe we weren't clear enough about the meaning of "Quick Match". The only time you are going to get through a very large deck to the point where it matters that you had so many cards is if the game was not quick. Those non-quick games are the ones we wish to eliminate, especially as once you leave "quick" territory those games favour the player who went big.

If you really intend to see and use all your cards in a huge deck, then you are not intending for a quick match. By all means take those giant decks into custom matches.
    I always took "quick match" to mean that an opponent would quickly be found, and not that the game itself would be any quicker.
    IGN: RS Kohen Gadol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohen Gadol View Post
    I always took "quick match" to mean that an opponent would quickly be found, and not that the game itself would be any quicker.
    Exactly this ^. At least this is the meaning in all other games that I know.
    Although I don't play tower decks usually, I am against the idea to put another cap on the decksize. I get the need of making the processing faster when people could have had a 300-card deck and that was slowing down the game in a mobile phone. But I can't understand the need to cap it even lower. Even though it is explained that this doesn't apply to Custom Match for now, most of the players I know test their decks in QM rather in CM because you get a "random" opponent (simulating first stage of a tournament or Swiss rounds) and you can really test it against the current meta. Limiting those options to QM or tournament players will hurt the game in my opinion.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    What deck type is only possible to make with more than 60 cards that is not possible to make with 60 or less?

What diversity are you talking about?

An ally heavy 120 Boris is a midrange deck just as 40 cards Boris.
    A 120 cards Stallvox is a stall deck just as 60 cards stallvox.
    I agree with this. Deck variety wouldn't be impacted setting deck sizes 40-60. What it does do is improve the cosmetics of the game and makes it more aesthetically pleasing for new players joining the game. It also makes balancing much simpler since there are fewer variables involved.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I liked this game for one main reason, and that's the many cards number feature.. making them less will just make me sad

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it is rated match thats all
    maybe we should all play mage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel like maybe we weren't clear enough about the meaning of "Quick Match". The only time you are going to get through a very large deck to the point where it matters that you had so many cards is if the game was not quick. Those non-quick games are the ones we wish to eliminate, especially as once you leave "quick" territory those games favour the player who went big.

If you really intend to see and use all your cards in a huge deck, then you are not intending for a quick match. By all means take those giant decks into custom matches.
    It's those people have rush deck refuse to face their unavoidable lose after countered by anti-rush deck that makes the game slow.
    you want a rush deck with all your game fast, it's fine, just admit those your losing games quicker.

we should allow ppl to chase quick game no problem, eliminate the lower limit of deck size, ppl can have a rush deck with 15 or 20 or even 10 cards on their own choice, it's a rush or die deck, it's welcome. you can 10 cards deck to ensure 4 sparks on field in 3 turns, win or lose is quick that way.

the way to quicken the game is shorten the play time limit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertzy View Post
    120,80,60...what next.Will we have a poll until 30 cards deck.
    I believe Gondo's previous statements provide the clear answer

I'm in the process of gathering a lot of stats to inform any decision at the moment.
    We have a thread and poll about potentially reducing the deck size to 80 + hero for quick match. The votes seem split right now.

But, in the comments, some people said that it was not enough of a reduction and they'd be happier with an even bigger reduction. Well, this thread is an attempt to find out more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol if ppl only complaint bout deck size because they're hoping for a 'quick' match in terms of timing, there's already a game timer under Custom and they should take advances of it, but I guess there're other reasons

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    What deck type is only possible to make with more than 60 cards that is not possible to make with 60 or less?

What diversity are you talking about?

An ally heavy 120 Boris is a midrange deck just as 40 cards Boris.
    A 120 cards Stallvox is a stall deck just as 60 cards stallvox.
    Nothing. It just removes thinking when making a deck coz you can throw any trash in and go over a non-existent limit.