Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This games need more synchronization

Hey guys not downgrading the cards you guys have but u think this game needs more synchronization for example

What's the point of exiling the only time it's needed is when other players bring back cards from the grave or if your using the map I think the game would be better if there would be better use for this ability

Same goes for fire, ice, arcane or electric damage what's the big use for it other than a couple drawing or increase of damage effects not much use if there were more cards dealing with certain damage I think the game would better off

I'm not saying changel certain cards but synchronization is needed in my opinion and I think this will also help make more cards playable

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Degrading?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not a big user of the exile mechanic myself but I'm not in total agreement with what you mentionned below

Quote Originally Posted by da shadowmoon View Post
    What's the point of exiling the only time it's needed is when other players bring back cards from the grave...
    Exile has been around since Dark Prophecies and with Lost Lands this feature has gained a whole other meaning. Currently exile can be used:
    • To buff allies: Rotling, Death Collector, Gravemonger, etc
    • To regain health: Wizent's Prayer
    • To "kill off" an enemy or remove an item/ability/location from the board : Aldmor Chieftan, Twilight Ritualist, Yahari: Valley of Doom, Groundshift, Loest, etc
    • To damage an opposing ally: Tar-Written Scroll,
    • To permanently remove certain cards from a match after use: Mimic, Hunter's Gambit
    • To damage an opposing hero: Void Wretch
    • To send an exile card to your hand: Racksul: Warped Desert

If you ask me that gives exile plenty of options. I've seen quite a few Loest or Logan decks with loads of these cards.

As per damage types certain allies have immunity against certain damage types, none of which are sword, bow or claw if I'm not mistaken.
    ...Same goes for fire, ice, arcane or electric damage what's the big use for it other than a couple drawing or increase of damage effects...
    Other perks
    Fire: Flameborn Defiler
    Ice: Lyth: Kristan's Ridge
    Arcane: Scriptures of the Righteous (in a well built templar /priest deck it's much more than a couple draws)
    Electric: Thunderstone Golem, Irum: Lightning Quarry

...not much use if there were more cards dealing with certain damage I think the game would better off
    Like new (other) types of damage or more cards with the existing elemental damage types within the current pool? Personally I don't see the issue as being that problematic atm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with Creyos entire post.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Creyos View Post
    I'm not a big user of the exile mechanic myself but I'm not in total agreement with what you mentionned below

Exile has been around since Dark Prophecies and with Lost Lands this feature has gained a whole other meaning. Currently exile can be used:
    • To buff allies: Rotling, Death Collector, Gravemonger, etc
    • To regain health: Wizent's Prayer
    • To "kill off" an enemy or remove an item/ability/location from the board : Aldmor Chieftan, Twilight Ritualist, Yahari: Valley of Doom, Groundshift, Loest, etc
    • To damage an opposing ally: Tar-Written Scroll,
    • To permanently remove certain cards from a match after use: Mimic, Hunter's Gambit
    • To damage an opposing hero: Void Wretch
    • To send an exile card to your hand: Racksul: Warped Desert

If you ask me that gives exile plenty of options. I've seen quite a few Loest or Logan decks with loads of these cards.

As per damage types certain allies have immunity against certain damage types, none of which are sword, bow or claw if I'm not mistaken.

Other perks
    Fire: Flameborn Defiler
    Ice: Lyth: Kristan's Ridge
    Arcane: Scriptures of the Righteous (in a well built templar /priest deck it's much more than a couple draws)
    Electric: Thunderstone Golem, Irum: Lightning Quarry

Like new (other) types of damage or more cards with the existing elemental damage types within the current pool? Personally I don't see the issue as being that problematic atm.
    Your not understanding my point there are simply only a couple cards that are affected with that effect

Exiling does not buff allies, there is a card that's buffs I'd you exile my point is there needs to be more cards to go along with these effects the only point to ice damage us the map, fire damage basically has a card that draws understand my point there basing a effect on 1 or 2 cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok for example what is the big deal about exile unless your playing a revive player, yes there are some cards that help with exiling but really no point to it there either needs to be more cards to do with this effect or more affected cards
    Same goes for ice damage I only know of 1 useful card to do ice damage with and that's the map

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe basic idea behind exile was to have mechanic that will allow players to tech for possibly problematic cards that and combos based on recycling from graveyard. For example to break Shadow Knight loops (which was a really powerful combo in CotC), counter Soul Reaper, Eternal Renewal...and more recently Avatar of Twilight comes to mind, or location counter with Void Wretch.

Recently it is used for balancing purposes with similar intention as before to break infinite recycling: Gambit and Mimic for example.

That is main thing, newer interactions are just icing on the cake in my eyes.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-06-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lets see about some other special damage types:

Fire:

Some allies have immunity to fire (FT, Infernus, Flameborn Defiler) which can be used for some tempo plays, eg Supernova your own board with fire immunity allies, or as a tech options, eg put some fire immune allies vs mage that runs Supernova.
    Infernus is attack buffer of the fire allies.
    Flameforged Gauntlets is great draw, the drawback being deckbuilding restrictions.
    Tar Written Scrolls is very tempo efficient damage over time.

Electric:

There are some allies immune to electric attack like Thunderstorm Golem and Entangled Wisp. Also an ally with damage reduction in Fortified Wisp. So similarly to fire damage and Supernova Nishaven can use them with his ability.
    There are attack buffers: Entangled Wisp doesnt buff electric attack, but most humans with electric attack are homunculus. There is also Voltars Ring.
    They have a location Irum: Lightning Quarry.
    They have Shock Conductor which is electric equivalent of Tar Written Scrolls.

Arcane

They have draw engine with Scriptures of the Righteous.
    Attack buffer with Justicar.

Ice:

I think this one is least developed so far and its allies are all over the place and barely synergies with each other, so little actually that not even Lyth: Kristan's Ridge is enough to make a good deck. There are no ice buffers and no draw based around ice damage, nor any artefacts connected to ice (aside Urigons Fang but it is not good enough to be played). Only item synergy is with Voice of Winter and allies immune to frozen.

So it seems that for an elemental damage themed deck you need to have elemental damage buffer and/or elemental based draw engine. Some sort of a tempo "cheat" is huge plus (abusing elemental damage immunity, good location, cheap damage sources like Tar Written Scrolls)

Ofc in new expansion there will be more stuff added and hopefully ice damage type will get more attention so it gets even with fire and ice. At the same time I do hope they go different directions so they are not too similar.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-06-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla