Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Pithing spear buff suggestion

Using it in logan will most likely give you 1 se until the weapon is exhausted. If it would give sth more, it would help logan a lot the first turns that he is really weak, until sledgehammer comes at least.
    So i suggest a buff on the weapon.
    1) gain +1 attack and give 1 se as long as it hits and i have an ally on board.( ally can be warrior or shadow ally)

2) when it kills, 2 se are replenished ( +1 attack optional )

3) if hero kills an ally, hero gains 1 se and next ability costs 2 less resources ( with cb, killing spree becoming usable for tempo gain) +1 attack if i have a warrior or shadow ally

Any thoughts are welcome.
    Last edited by neratza713; 09-05-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If examining all the 3CC weapons that are currently in the pool and the different buffs you're proposing for Pithing Spear I think it would make it overpowered personally. It believe it would have to be bumped up to 4CC to warrant any of those changes.

However for the sake of clarity could you confirm or elaborate on the following:

1) gain +1 attack and give 1 se as long as it hits and i have an ally on board.( ally can be warrior or shadow ally)
    As it hits, Do you mean...
    • When your hero attacks an opposing hero or ally
      OR
    • When your hero deals combat damage

gain +1 attack, Do you mean...
    • After your hero "hits" it gains +1 attack (therefore the effect would be cumulative?)

2) when it kills, 2 se are replenished ( +1 attack optional )
    ( +1 attack optional ), Do you mean...
    • +1 attack AND your hero gains 2SE
      OR
    • +1 attack OR your hero gains 2SE (I'm guessing you mean AND otherwise the player would have a choice mechanic not currently implemented in the game)

The only card in the game right now that allows a hero to gain 2SE is Shadow Cannon if I'm not mistaken and that's a one time deal per summon (based on a subtype that exploits SE a lot more than others). With Pithing you can gain 3SE (potentially).

What helps Logan...Shadow Font...or you could try throwing in a lot of Aldmor + Shadow Cannon. There's always Valiant Defender as well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that Pithing Spear is already pushing it how good 3cc weapon can be. In some other class pool it would be insane like with Banebow or Zaladar. Is it ok to make a card deliberately op to help out a hero? It is debatable although you can argue it already happened with Cutlass for Serena and pre nerf Embers for Jericho.

And I do not think Logan needs that much help anymore. Comparing to pre LL and pre SF he is in much better spot. You can build several solid decks, unlike 0 before. They are not tier one but not trash either.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-08-2017 at 07:01 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I already consider Pithing Spear OP for a 3cc weapon when compared to other 3cc weapons. As Veles said, it only doesn't appear to be because it was made for shadow warriors.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    logan is still among the weaker heroes. And although on paper spear seems like a very good weapon, as i said, it hardly ever works to its full potential. And exactly because logan's ability needs a weapon to even work, it is clungy most of the time. Making it better will make him better. The fact that other heroes with direct damage would surely make it work far better is irrelevant. They gave it to shadow warriors exactly for that reason, but they hardly ever use it. If smn fears that t3 is too soon to use a very good weapon, both a buff and a 4 cost can be applied. It won't be bad for logan to have its own cutlass. If you ask me, he needs it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not to sound rude dude but...

"Making it better will make him better." - Duh

"The fact that other heroes with direct damage would surely make it work far better is irrelevant". - Keeping the game balanced is irrelevant then you mean?

"4 cost can be applied. It won't be bad for logan to have its own cutlass." - Based on that statement shouldn't it be 5CC?

"Clungy" - Clunky?

Your original propositions for "buffs" are still unclear imo, .... xD