Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout1985 View Post
    I would leave both feastering and bandit alone now that shadows and humans are balanced for their t2 drop. Most of us enjoy playing SE like it is right now.

Im sorry maxi, but i really think that it is not necessary to nerf bandit and feastering coz they balance each other. Im pretty sure that most of us think about the same
    Tbh, I've wanted to see feaster nerfed (or changed in some way) ever since it came out. When my first thoughts on LL were sabrene and feaster were broken then I was confused why everyone was complaining about troll

Bandit I actually think is fine
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 09-05-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout1985 View Post
    i really think that it is not necessary to nerf bandit and feastering coz they balance each other.
    Like I've said before, I'd rather see other 2cc allies buffed closer to their level. What if Harbinger was changed back how he was (gaining +1 health if he discards an ally)? What if Champion of Irum was changed backed to what he was before (not having a cap on his boost)? If we said Feasterling and Bandit were the basis of how we balance 2cc allies rather than saying Puwen and Brutalis are the basis, we'd have a lot more interesting and useful early allies.

Rather than asking "why are people using bandit and feasterling so much" I instead ask "why aren't other 2cc allies used more"? What I find is that other 2cc allies were used more until they were nerfed.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think shadows have a way better early game atm, don't they?
    They have better ping options against masked Bandit, as well as Feasterling.

@Burn Your argument confirms my worries. Masked Bandit & Feasterling > every other 2cc.
    I don't think that healthy to the variety of the game, and therefore should be changed. It may be true that the early game kind of is balanced, but as well as that it has become stale, and I don't enjoy starting every game in almost the same way.

I'm proposing a nerf for those two cards instead of a buff to other cards, because I think most other 2cc allies are currently at the perfect state. Karash or CoL exactly fullfilled their role in DP, sf even added Tribe choices and wonderful cards such as Yari Bladedancer. This was welcome variety and you almost never knew which ally to expect, different to what it is now. An additional reason not to buff 2cc allies even further is that this would essentially nerf all late game/control decks that couldn't keep up with the early pressure, making late game allies as well as abilities weaker.
    In my opinion 2cc allies should not be able to determine the board control into the middle game, like feasterling did, as well as Masked Bandit does against Humans at the moment.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    In my opinion 2cc allies should not be able to determine the board control into the middle game, like feasterling did, as well as Masked Bandit does against Humans at the moment.
    Agreed. More open game needed rather having ppl quite early game knowing they have no chance to come back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cmon, its not like that there is no come back if your opponent starts first and play feastering or bandit on turn 2 then its all over. There are games when i was starting second and my opponent had the board with 3 allies on turn4 and i still won [bp vince serena vs me banebow].

We all know that luck and mus are determinant factors of winning in a card game

Your ability to craft a deck is another one: if u always build your deck like u are going first, ofc your won't have any answer when u play second in a match. Sinkhole cb trap seductress are a few examples
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Banebow is a hero that has no problem with retaking the board though. Have you played with Tala or Ythan recently? I think they are a lot weaker atm.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Feasterling base stats change from 1/3 to 0/3
    Feasterling has +3 attack until the end of turn and your hero takes 2 damage.

This significantly reduces his overall utility while maintaining his aggressiveness when you can activate his ability.

Dealing damage to feasterling itself is terrible. They just attack it with 2 atk ally and he becomes useless as it dies when you activate his ability at 1 HP.
    It still has 2 attack then. So yeah attacking it would lose the board for you.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think we could just take the current one but give him 2 damage if he hits an ally (but still 2 damage to your hero instead if he hits a hero). Not sure about the flavor any more, but it might be a good change for gameplay.
    How about my idea? I'd love to hear your point of view on it. Interesting would be meek btw, when you go for that "less attack againt heroes" thing.
    I'm more than convinced that he needs to change.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Feasterling is ok due to the 3hp but Bandit seems more of a problem to me.
    Idk what's the best way to make him balanced.
    a) if you make him killed at the end of the turn if damaged?
    b) give him meek?
    c) 1/4 with +1 attack if you control another Outlaw ally?
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    How about my idea? I'd love to hear your point of view on it. Interesting would be meek btw, when you go for that "less attack againt heroes" thing.
    I'm more than convinced that he needs to change.
    I really wasn't a fan of him just always giving himself damage. I think others have already covered why it would be bad.

I guess you aren't convinced by my suggested change either ...