Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    I think Feasterling is ok due to the 3hp but Bandit seems more of a problem to me.
    Idk what's the best way to make him balanced.
    a) if you make him killed at the end of the turn if damaged?
    b) give him meek?
    c) 1/4 with +1 attack if you control another Outlaw ally?
    a) I think it's already been covered exhaustively why that won't work.
    b) maybe but prefer not
    c) now you're on an interesting track. Either that or "1/4 with +1 attack if alone" could work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    who has covered it and why is it bad? i have not seen an argument for why it is bad and i do not see a good argument why it is bad. maxi has a suggestion that has been mentioned before and i think it is a good suggestion. make feasterling damage itself so it can only use ability one time and that would make it more balanced then to have a permanent 3/3 2 resource ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Holy Punisher View Post
    I think Feasterling is ok due to the 3hp but Bandit seems more of a problem to me.
    Idk what's the best way to make him balanced.
    a) if you make him killed at the end of the turn if damaged?
    b) give him meek?
    c) 1/4 with +1 attack if you control another Outlaw ally?
    I'm of the exact opposite oppinion as you. I'd play CoI and several other 2 drops in a bandit meta, I can't play a lot of these in a feasterling meta so feaster damages variety while bandit would potentially increase it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I really wasn't a fan of him just always giving himself damage. I think others have already covered why it would be bad.

I guess you aren't convinced by my suggested change either ...
    I was referring to Masked Bandit there. Your suggestion for Feasterling is very nice, even though it has a lot of text i guess. The problem is that it trades health in early game for board control, which is just huge. It makes him a quite unconditional 3/3 on turn 2. Therefore it should damage itself so you can't secure extensive board control. I don't see a reason why Feasterling shouldn't damage itself when it secures board control.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I posted this on another thread: I have been playing on and off for about a year and a half. During this time I have observed that in most decks I have faced with the exception of wulven, twilight, praxis, and templar themed decks it's the same two or three two drop allies. In most shadow decks that two drop is Feasterling. While everyone can gain every card with a bit of grinding or by shadow crystals it seems like a lack of balance and variety if that card is part of approximately 85% of all shadow decks.

If the same happens with bandit on the human side it'll make the game more stale.

As more of a casual player perhaps my thoughts don't matter much but, if you think of it through my view. I play a few weeks on and off for a bit over a year and I have seen about 50 times more Feasterling than any other two drop ally.

What if the Feasterling was disabled a turn after using his ability. As for the bandit what if he disappeared (exiled himself after a couple shuffles) he's a bandit after all he's not going to stick around.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    a) I think it's already been covered exhaustively why that won't work.
    b) maybe but prefer not
    c) now you're on an interesting track. Either that or "1/4 with +1 attack if alone" could work.
    all of these were just ideas to discuss, nothing of a particular preference:
    a) I have checked both threads but I can't see such a suggestion so far. I have seen the discussion about shuffling him back to the deck at the start or at the end of the turn, but not to get killed if damaged. At first I thought shuffling him back to the deck could be a drawback to the heroes without a good draw engine, but soon after I realised that it rarely becomes a problem. So the ability might be an advantage in many cases.
    b) yep maybe meek is too strong of a limitation but that depends on the purpose of his creation. if it was mainly to counter Feasterling and aggro decks, then meek (without the shuffling part) sounds the best balance to me. otherwise he is just another aggro choice.
    c) yep probably your suggestion sounds better (or 2 or less allies)
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another idea if it's plausible is making the band's ability 50/50 half the time he goes into the deck to hide the other half he trips and gets caught on the board. If you can have cards randomly discarded his ability should be able to be randomized.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jari View Post
    Another idea if it's plausible is making the band's ability 50/50 half the time he goes into the deck to hide the other half he trips and gets caught on the board. If you can have cards randomly discarded his ability should be able to be randomized.
    Im a fun of consistency. I love this game because random is minimal.

I know this is a card game and luck plays an important role, but its part of the challenge for me to minimize the luck factor and eventually increase my chances with increasing my deckbuilding skills and my skill as a player in general.
    I would like the game to keep random factors minimal, but that just me and my opinion
    Last edited by Spartan; 09-09-2017 at 02:14 PM.