Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Feasterling and Masked Bandit Balance suggestion

So I've recently seen that Masked Bandit as well as Feasterling dominate the choices for 2cc allies outside of tribe decks. That's why I have a suggestion to balance both.

Feasterling: 2/3
    0cc: Feasterling takes 2 Damage and has +1 attack until the end of your turn.
    This still gives Feasterling the strong turn 2 going first, but the board afterwards isn't that overwhelming anymore. On top of that it fits the flavor of Ravagers even better, because they usually hurt themselves to gain an advantage.

Masked Bandit - 2/4
    When Masked bandit has 2 or less health at the start of your turn it's shuffled back into it's owner's deck.

Balances the difference between shadow and human, because shadows have better ping options (krygon, dmt), how I think it should be for neutral allies.
    This still gives a very durable ally on turn 2, but gives the oppenent the option to take 2 damage on his ally in return of dealing with the ally.

Alright so these are my suggested changes, I'm open for discussion.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    So I've recently seen that Masked Bandit as well as Feasterling dominate the choices for 2cc allies outside of tribe decks. That's why I have a suggestion to balance both.

Feasterling: 2/3
    0cc: Feasterling takes 2 Damage and has +1 attack until the end of your turn.
    This still gives Feasterling the strong turn 2 going first, but the board afterwards isn't that overwhelming anymore. On top of that it fits the flavor of Ravagers even better, because they usually hurt themselves to gain an advantage.
    I think we could just take the current one but give him 2 damage if he hits an ally (but still 2 damage to your hero instead if he hits a hero). Not sure about the flavor any more, but it might be a good change for gameplay.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think for Feasterling just adding to it that it deals 1 damage to itself when he activates ability is sufficient.

Bandit is really hard to balance. I have no idea what to change without making him worthless.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like that masked bandit idea. Not sure about feasterling but damage itself in some way does seem more ravager's style. Damage your hero for a buff is something I imagine a warrior ally doing.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Feasterling base stats change from 1/3 to 0/3
    Feasterling has +3 attack until the end of turn and your hero takes 2 damage.

This significantly reduces his overall utility while maintaining his aggressiveness when you can activate his ability.

Dealing damage to feasterling itself is terrible. They just attack it with 2 atk ally and he becomes useless as it dies when you activate his ability at 1 HP.
    IGN: Kyltz

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Feasterling and Masked Bandit Balance suggestion

Masked Bandit could be a 1/4 with "MB has +1 attack while attacking allies".

So he only does 1 damage when defending and only hits hero for 1 (attacking or defending).

Alternative nerf would be 1/4 and "MB has +1 attack while attacking heroes".

Lesser nerf than both would be 1/4 and "MB has +1 attack while attacking".

Not convinced he needs to change yet though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just update all the cards for tribal or non tribal and it wouldn't be used as much. It be a better fix then nerfing either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would leave both feastering and bandit alone now that shadows and humans are balanced for their t2 drop. Most of us enjoy playing SE like it is right now.

Im sorry maxi, but i really think that it is not necessary to nerf bandit and feastering coz they balance each other. Im pretty sure that most of us think about the same
    Last edited by Burnout1985; 09-04-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whats stops shadow to run both of them. Higher chances to have good opening than humans.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Whats stops shadow to run both of them. Higher chances to have good opening than humans.
    nothing. the hero vs ally pool/ability/item selection for light vs shadow has never been balanced.