Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Layarian Diplomat - a staple in most of my human decks. Very versatile and I don't mind tossing one on board early to soak if needed.

2. Masked Bandit - strong health and attack for 2cc. if it gets shuffled, can just pop it back out later.

3. Feasterling - can easily establish early board control on his own, even stronger when paired with a Death Mage Thaddeus or Rampant Kyrgon.

4. Yari Bladedancer - solid base stats and his ability makes clearing bigger allies a lot easier.

5. Champion of Irum - would probably be top 2 if it wasn't unique. his passive is weak early and stronger mid.

Notes:
    I'd give more value to allies like Vigilant Wisp, Unaxio Squire, and Kiruth Devotee if they didn't have Meek.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1 Masked Bandit
    2 Feasterling
    3 Champion of Irum
    4 Layarian Diplomat
    5 Ironhide Karash

Bandit can take a good hit, then you get to attack with it again and it retreats to your Deck.

Feasterling is awesome to establish early board control.
    T2 Feasterling T3 DMT kills off any 4 health (Aldon).

Champion of Irum good anti swarm tech.

Diplomat TECH

Karash can run into anything that has 2att and not die.
    You can always uss it to chew off some durability from ebrmy weapons.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Masked Bandit
    2. Platinum Chainmail
    3 - 5 depends on decks (e.g. Elenor or spider in Tala, scripture of righteous in Threbin, glass chalice in zhanna, incense in jericho etc)

Feasterling is somehow balanced, despite what people say. That 2 damage does count in late game.

Best counter to Bandit is Bandit. I love it so much.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I checked and the game has 44 2cc allies.

1. Feasterling. T2 Feastring into T3 DMT is prob strongest opening in midrange mirrors. Feasterling is so good it is replacing tribal 2cc in tribal themed decks. People play it as a default 2cc over Harbringer for example. And in others like Fire Maj it is easily the 6th/7th 2cc.

2. Masked Bandit. Closest thing to Feasterling, but not as easy to put it in everything. It goes well with heroes that can provide early additional damage to deal with 2cc/3cc ally, eg BB and Garth. Unlike Feasterling, damage from DMT (also buff from Aldor) doesn't add up to 4, so it is slightly weaker with fta.

These are objectively best 2cc allies, rest are hard to categorise because some have class restrictions, some have utility uses, some are bad on t2 but get better late game...There is for sure significant space between the first 2 and the rest. Best I can do is this:

3. Vigilant Wisp. High HP tempo free draw engine. More tempo from exceptional tribal synergies like buffing wisp and Thunderstrike Construct.

4. Yari Bladedancer was imo previous best 2cc ally. His ability works so nicely with haste ally to deal with high hp allies without retaliation damage. Newer expansion added another dimension to this with Dead Mans Breach. So it gets additional points from me for fun deckbuilding options.

5. Karash. Before SF the best 2cc drop. So annoying for 2 attack weapons to deal with it.

Some of my favourites: Avenger of the Fallen, Sword Gobler, Champ of Irum, Layarian Diplomat for really cool design of 2cc ally that gets better latter in the game with Sword Gobler as my personal fav.

Below that we have bunch of tribal allies that are ok but have very narrow use like Runt, Spitfire Hound, Unaxio Squire, Wulven Traitor...
    Below that allies with very niche abilities but still interesting for some fun deckbuilding like Agent Rex, Brax Temptress, Twisted Familiar even Cave Spider (in Tala), Treetop Spider (with Midnight Sentinel)

And in trash tier allies that you can not do anything with. They are not only bad, but boring:

Brutalis, Blake, Black Adder, Katrin Shieldmaden and the worst of them all: Dark Flyer.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-03-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here are my favs (in no specific order). These are more deck-specific and therefore aren't necessarily allies that I would use consistently through several different builds. Mind you, some of these selections aren't for quickly controlling the board either but rather for having cheap and handy solutions that can tip the scales. Also, for argument's sake I'm only focusing on the PROS and not the CONS.

Wulven Traitor (used with Vess Swifhands in a Wulven only deck)
    • Only 2CC ally with a draw ability.
    • On turn three (which is when you'll generally attack with your 2CC ally) I can potentially do one or all of the following:
    - Using Vess' ability attach: Relentless Savagery, Bloodthirsty AND summon a 3CC ally. This grants me:
    - 4 ATK on Traitor (5 if an opposing ally was killed)
    - 1 card draw (2 if an opposing ally was killed)

Carniboar (used with Elementalis)
    • Only 2CC that can repeatedly gain ATK & HLT through his own ability.
    • At the end of turn three Using Elementalis' ability I wind up with:
    - 3 ATK / 5 HLT or 4 ATK / 6 HLT ( if an opposing ally was killed)
    - Again add extra benefits if Bloodthirsty was attached

Cinderborn Fatebreaker (used with Maya in fire based deck)
    • Whenever you see a Warrior deck you're thinking, when will he/she land that Crippling Blow on my high ATK allies. Pack a few of these guys along with Arthyle's Crypt and you can dodge a bunch of bullets with this cannon fodder ally.

Bloodpack Shaman (generally used with Bloodfang)
    • Able to bring Riptide or other Wulven fatties back from the dead...nuff said

Braxnorian Temptress (used against AI campaigns ONLY on medium/hard)
    • Having an opponent open up the match with Guardian's Oath or Dagger of Unmaking can be a game breaker. This hottie that I generally leave aside allows you to wipe the slate clean in those precise situations.

Honestly, if I was speaking strictly with a competitive edge then I would evoke most of the choices already mentioned among the likes of of Masked Bandit, Feasterling, Harbinger of the Lost, Bladedancer etc...

But seriously Masked Bandit makes Puwen look sad. With 3 damage he laughs it off an says "Hey, I'll live to fight another day". Plus he isn't choosy with sides.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1.feasterling
    2.bandit
    3.wisp
    4.karash
    5.vermin

it is no surprise to us that the most popular allys are also the op allys. feasterling has op attack bandit has op stats and wisp has op ability when you think about the abilities of the homunculus allys. so that means it can seek an ally to perfect counter your enemy like construct to kill allys or entangled wisp for more damage etc. do not give seek to cheap allys because it breaks the game.