Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Kairos Doombringer needs a change.

Been trying to incorporate him into a deck but i cant see to make it work.
    Anyone using him out there?
    He needs a change?
    Maybe also make him untargetable?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is honestly not terrible, but didn't age well once SF was releases. If you really want running him in elementalis is probably valid again better steadfast is relevant there and with UD being so common 4 damage is enough to kill things again.

He really just needs a meta where 4/7 stats are decent and steadfast matters. There are a lot of fatties that are not really used, I'd honestly say Kairos is probably on the stronger end of those.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kairos is pretty solid with Vess and Gravebone when I tried him out.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is poorly designed. But if you wanna play him, t5 5cc good weapon into t6 kairos is the best option. Try it out with heroes with good weapons (like baduruu or Logan).
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    He is poorly designed. But if you wanna play him, t5 5cc good weapon into t6 kairos is the best option. Try it out with heroes with good weapons (like baduruu or Logan).
    Ill give it a try.
    Was trying to use him with gravebone but its to easy to stop him, mc him, etc. Not like dakarath so dakarath for 1 more resource is much better choice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Been trying to incorporate him into a deck but i cant see to make it work.
    Anyone using him out there?
    He needs a change?
    Maybe also make him untargetable?
    Untargetable sounds like "hidden" to me which is a mechanic only granted by four cards. Making Kairos hidden would make him grossly overpowered imo. On the flip side however, one would not be able to buff him through targeting. Either way, I doubt we'll ever see a fatty who is permanently hidden.

Now admittedly I don't notice him used in many decks or effectively for that matter. As others have mentionned, he can be used with the following heroes/classes and then perhaps some of these complimentary cards:

Gravebone:
    - Shadow Font => You can revive him using Gravebone's hero ability for a cost of 4CC rather then having several 6CC Kairos

Vess Swifthands: (or other Warrior)
    - Mocking Armor =>Draw the attention away from Kairos and to your hero therefore activating Kairos ability
    (optional) - Smith Shop => Get Mocking Armor on the board at turn 5 to set up for Kairos
    - Ellos' Resolve => Give Kairos some extra protection along with a small buff
    (optional) - Bloodthirsty => Can give you some nice drawing power especially if you got Mocking Armor out.

Elementalis: (or other Elemental)
    - Mocking Armor => see above
    - Synchronicity => Gives a nice 2CC option to return Kairos to your hand (following turn) if he has been Crippling Blow 'ed or is in a near death situation. Plus you can wipe pretty much any baddy off the board, even that annoying Aeon.
    (optional) - Bloodthirsty => see above
    (optional) - Life Infusion => ramp up that HP!

As per below...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    ...its to easy to stop him, mc him, etc. Not like dakarath so dakarath for 1 more resource is much better choice.
    If you are referring to Mind Control then no ally is safe making Dakrath no different than Kairos. However Dak does have the upper hand when it comes to damage and impairment resistance. Personally I think it's all about trying to get an ally's ability(ies) to serve your advantage and deck synergy.

Is Kairos the best? No. Can he be used effectively in his current state? I believe so. He's perhaps just a bit less versatile or appealing than other 6+CC's.
    Last edited by Creyos; 09-04-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Creyos View Post
    Untargetable sounds like "hidden" to me which is a mechanic only granted by four cards. Making Kairos hidden would make him grossly overpowered imo. On the flip side however, one would not be able to buff him through targeting. Either way, I doubt we'll ever see a fatty who is permanently hidden.

Now admittedly I don't notice him used in many decks or effectively for that matter. As others have mentionned, he can be used with the following heroes/classes and then perhaps some of these complimentary cards:

Gravebone:
    - Shadow Font => You can revive him using Gravebone's hero ability for a cost of 4CC rather then having several 6CC Kairos

- Mocking Armor =>Draw the attention away from Kairos and to your hero therefore activating Kairos ability
    (optional) - Smith Shop => Get Mocking Armor on the board at turn 5 to set up for Kairos
    (optional) - Bloodthirsty => Can give you some nice drawing power especially if you got Mocking Armor out.

- Synchronicity => Gives a nice 2CC option to return Kairos to your hand (following turn) if he has been Crippling Blow 'ed or is in a near death situation. Plus you can wipe pretty much any baddy off the board, even that annoying Aeon.

As per below...

If you are referring to Mind Control then no ally is safe making Dakrath no different than Kairos. However Dak does have the upper hand when it comes to damage and impairment resistance. Personally I think it's all about trying to get an ally's ability(ies) to serve your advantage and deck synergy.

Is Kairos the best? No. Can he be used effectively in his current state? I believe so. He's perhaps just a bit less versatile or appealing than other 6+CC's.
    Make him like a 2/7 cost 5 warrior that attacked any ally or hero who attacks his hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Completely agreed with this post. He is totally meant to be used with mocking armour.That way he gets ‘hidden’ as you guys were saying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Creyos View Post

Gravebone:

As per below...

Some interesting points. I like the idea of Synchronicity. You just have to remember that Kairos has “steadfast” so you are not able to pull this off.

There never was a spot for Kairos to shine. I do not think there ever will be tbh. Especially with the allies that have been released since. There are simply better options with better abilities available for the same cost.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter