Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Shadow Crystal Earning Opportunity

Hi all!

I'd love to know the answers to all of these questions, but don't have the time to get them. I also have Shadow Crystals to give away.

Maybe you have some time and a want for Shadow Crystals?

If so, could you help me answer these please?

1. What is the equal worst possible CotC pack to open based on current gold prices?
    2. What is the equal best possible CotC pack to open based on current gold prices, assuming no foil found?

3. What is the equal worst possible DP pack to open based on current gold prices?
    4. What is the equal best possible DP pack to open based on current gold prices, assuming no foil found?

5. What is the equal worst possible SF pack to open based on current gold prices?
    6. What is the equal best possible SF pack to open based on current gold prices, assuming no foil found?

I'll send over 200SC to each person who answers one correctly for me, so you can have your own flutter to see what you get.

Helpful Info:
    * All gold prices for cards can be found here: http://deckbox.shadowera.net/se/#/build?view=Text
    * Each pack contains 10 Common, 3 Uncommon, 1 Hero and 1 Rare/Epic from that set

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not certain what an 'equal worst possible' question requires for an answer. Perhaps there is some difference between U.S. and British English language in this regard. It would make sense to want to know the minimum and maximum possible gold equivalent values for the current booster packs (assuming no foil is found)

For CotC
    Commons: 10 x 80 = 800 or 10 x 150 =1500
    Uncommons: 3 x 200 = 600 or 3 x 400 =1200
    Hero: 1 x 200 = 200 or 1 x 200 =200
    Rare/Epic: 1 x 400 = 400 or 1 x 790 = 790
    Min = 2,000 Max = 3,690
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my pick on worst (lowest price and not really useful cards) & best (opposite of that) possible packs lol

5. What is the equal worst possible SF pack to open based on current gold prices? = 2760
    c = 1200
    Ascetic of Aldmor
    Gold-Laced Shield
    Anmor's Elixir
    Vozitian Trader
    Redux Channel
    Wave Collapse
    Saymeht's Retribution
    Despair
    Wooden Spear
    Griffoncrest Dagger

u = 700
    Decoy Trap
    Zail's Hymn
    Widespread Decay

h = 200
    Bloodfang

r/e = 660
    Metamorphic Cloak

6. What is the equal best possible SF pack to open based on current gold prices, assuming no foil found? = 6900
    c = 1200
    Sorcerer of Endia
    Knight of Unaxio
    Cryptspawn Tormentor
    Wulven Tactician
    Hunter's Gambit
    Deepwood Bobcat
    Hit List
    Harbinger of the Lost
    Twilight Eidolon
    Grave Resistance

u = 900
    Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    Rampant Krygon
    Necromancer's Shroud

h = 200
    Praxix

r/e/l = 720 / 1200 / 4600
    Aldmor Accelerator / Infernus / Loest, Savior of Layar
    Last edited by Gondorian; 09-03-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: adding card name

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    I'm not certain what an 'equal worst possible' question requires for an answer. Perhaps there is some difference between U.S. and British English language in this regard. It would make sense to want to know the minimum and maximum possible gold equivalent values for the current booster packs (assuming no foil is found)

For CotC
    Commons: 10 x 80 = 800 or 10 x 150 =1500
    Uncommons: 3 x 200 = 600 or 3 x 400 =1200
    Hero: 1 x 200 = 200 or 1 x 200 =200
    Rare/Epic: 1 x 400 = 400 or 1 x 790 = 790
    Min = 2,000 Max = 3,690
    I was after the actual cards that you could get in a really bad pack, not just numbers. Sorry for not being clearer. Since there are likely thousands of equally-bad combinations of cards that yield the same low gold value, I was asking for just one that could be considered "equal worst". Hope that makes sense now.

As it stands, I can't verify what you have written because I don't know if you have factored in that you can't get duplicates within a pack. e.g. Are there 10 different Commons that cost 80 gold? I don't know and the idea was that you'd put the time in for me rather than me do the leg work.

By listing actual cards, we get the proof I need and also a more interesting thread because people get an idea of what a terrible pack could be or god pack, etc. We can all laugh at possibility of getting the worst pack ever, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't really paid attention to booster packs for quite a while. I couldn't even remember that there was a no duplicates rule.

If I were just starting out, I wouldn't be looking only at the cost in gold so much as I'd be trying to pad out the number of copies of key cards, and trying to extend the reach of my collection. If I took the basic Boris starter I'd really want to get rid of those Rain Delays, Extra Sharps, etc. and pack in more Crippling Blow, Blood Frenzy, Aldon, Jasmine, Raven.

Any Priest cards or Shadow stuff would just go to the sidelines or get melted down in my effort to get my deck to work.

What I would hate is to get more of the cards I was trying to remove from my deck, along with those for other classes and factions, and just plain bad cards like Katrin the Shieldmaiden.

Sooo... ....you couldn't pull 10 x 80 gold Commons. But you could get:
    Here be Monsters for 80
    Extra Sharp for 90
    Rain Delay for 90
    Urgent Business
    Selfishness
    Campfire Stories
    Hellsteed
    Aimed Shot
    Pack Alpha
    Firesnake all worth 100 gold

and not good for much else until later, if ever!
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just updated above post by adding actual card names, hope it's now answered the questions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    just updated above post by adding actual card names, hope it's now answered the questions
    You've nailed SF wonderfully, although a non-Legendary variant of the "best" one would be a nice addition! Thank you very much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    I haven't really paid attention to booster packs for quite a while. I couldn't even remember that there was a no duplicates rule.

If I were just starting out, I wouldn't be looking only at the cost in gold so much as I'd be trying to pad out the number of copies of key cards, and trying to extend the reach of my collection. If I took the basic Boris starter I'd really want to get rid of those Rain Delays, Extra Sharps, etc. and pack in more Crippling Blow, Blood Frenzy, Aldon, Jasmine, Raven.

Any Priest cards or Shadow stuff would just go to the sidelines or get melted down in my effort to get my deck to work.

What I would hate is to get more of the cards I was trying to remove from my deck, along with those for other classes and factions, and just plain bad cards like Katrin the Shieldmaiden.

Sooo... ....you couldn't pull 10 x 80 gold Commons. But you could get:
    Here be Monsters for 80
    Extra Sharp for 90
    Rain Delay for 90
    Urgent Business
    Selfishness
    Campfire Stories
    Hellsteed
    Aimed Shot
    Pack Alpha
    Firesnake all worth 100 gold

and not good for much else until later, if ever!
    OK, well you've got us closer to the "equal-worst" answer for CotC, so thank you for that. The choice of whether to open packs or not if you are filling out your collection is definitely a relevant thing to think of - it's almost like you know where I am going with this ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You've nailed SF wonderfully, although a non-Legendary variant of the "best" one would be a nice addition! Thank you very much.
    you're welcome.
    that variant would be with Nathanias, People's Champion, even though Infernus & Emore Crossbow cost more

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    you're welcome.
    that variant would be with Nathanias, People's Champion, even though Infernus & Emore Crossbow cost more
    I'm lost. I'm looking for best card in terms of price, so why Nathanias?