Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quick Match Ranking/Score from September onwards

Hi all,

I just wanted to give a brief update on what we are doing about the Rating/Score system, which has long been an area where players have rightfully asked for something better. We are very much committed to improving things and wish to outline our plan.

For the month of September:

* The in-game Rating and Score system will appear exactly the same. There will be the usual Rating Reset at the start of the month and players can climb the Score/Rating ladder as they have done in previous months.

* Behind the scenes, based on match history, we will be calculating alternative leaderboards based on win-rate and other factors with the intention of evaluating potential replacements for the in-game score/ranking to be implemented within the app in a future update. This could be division-based or score-based (with a new formula) or win-rate based or something else. Whatever system we end up using, players would still be paired via Rating as before, so it will be possible to properly evaluate these differing options even with derived game result data.

* There will be prizes for those who do well on our various different leaderboards (which will be intended to better represent your skill and performance than the current Rating system), so if you aim to do your best and play a lot to demonstrate how good you are then you could be in line for some prizes at the end of the month. Once each new leaderboard is being calculated, we will of course share them to help you see how you are doing.

From October onwards:

* We will take what we have learned from September and make some changes. I'd like to be more specific, but I don't want to constrain what we may come up with at this point.

Any feedback you have on this is gratefully received and good luck to all who play in September!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds great, anything to improve is good

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice some changes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It sounds really great to improve rating and score system, and also to create new possibilites to every player to win prizes at the end of much.
    Looking forward to see it working
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We have been complaining about slow development since a long time. It seems that things are changing, SE is moving to a right direction with the new team. Good job guys!
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the new changes, thanks for the great work

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Finally moving forward. How about rewarding lost matches, I mean if a player plays for more than 10 turns, pend a good amount of time for the game, he still could be rewarded, say 20 gold or something (this is especially good when facing mill deck), in the same way early quitters should be punished more, say more rating loss and more gold loss, so they think twice before quitting.
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quick Match Ranking/Score from September onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    Finally moving forward. How about rewarding lost matches, I mean if a player plays for more than 10 turns, pend a good amount of time for the game, he still could be rewarded, say 20 gold or something (this is especially good when facing mill deck), in the same way early quitters should be punished more, say more rating loss and more gold loss, so they think twice before quitting.
    We could certainly track that.

The slave server, Ogloth, which will be used to data-mine all the match history without harming live server performance, is now operational so I will be crafting some queries and scripts this weekend to derive all kinds of measures.

Suggestions are most welcome. Serious or fun. I like the idea of random spot prizes. e.g. We could track who played the most games with the least-used cards or who made use of the largest coverage of the playset.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The slave server, Ogloth, which will be used to data-mine all the match history
    I like it already! Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Vexmaw; 09-01-2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: posted on smoke break
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogloth View Post
    I like it already! Keep up the great work!
    Hey, get back to work! There's match results to record and data to be mined.