Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bad AI behaviour

Darkclaw wont attack into Amber while she has a weapon even though he activated his ability and has ambush. Played on easy mode though, maybe its different on hard?
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Darkclaw wont attack into Amber while she has a weapon even though he activated his ability and has ambush. Played on easy mode though, maybe its different on hard?
    Doubt it, but I'll pass it on that its doing that. Thanks Veles.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boris vs Maj

AI chooses to use Medusil ability over drawing cards from Tome, even if ability is irrelevant eg, ai is not attacking that ally.

Boris vs Logan

This is minor one but Logan is using his ability and then hits hero, not to kill an ally. I mean it is not completely wrong, it is still one more damage to the hero, but it is not right either.

But overall problem is that AI is not attacking allies with his allies in general. Rare exceptions are when hero has a weapon or armor, and then chooses to trade. Also I did not test it but sometimes if there is an option he will trade if you have lethal power on the board. AI will also rarely attack ally with a weapon, only sometimes if they have exact kill damage with a weapon, exception being Logan that still attacks the hero when he activates ability.

EDIT: An example: Boris vs Ter Adun. Turn 3. Ter Adun has Bad Wolf in play. I play Jasmine. Ter Adun plays War banner. Nothing else is in play. Instead of killing Jasmine which is clean kill AI goes to attack Boris.

Boris vs Jericho on normal

AI uses Marshland Sentinel ability on same ally every turn, even when there are other allies with attack power.

Boris vs Moonstalker

AI is putting Extra Sharp on ally with CB on it even when there is another ally that is able to attack.

EDIT: Seems to be issue in general. Seems like AI always puts attachment on left most friendly ally.

Boris vs Serena

AI uses hero ability even when Serena has no weapon in play

Boris vs Eladwen on normal

AI starts the game with Dagger of Unmaking in play. Instead of saving durability to deal with allies it attacks the hero. It will however attack ally if you play it.

Boris vs Boris

I have 3 PotL and Jas on board. AI chooses to use Boris ability on PotL instead of Jas. This wrong not only because Jas has better ability but better stats. I think AI should at least prioritise better stats.
    Last edited by Veles; 09-04-2017 at 11:27 PM.

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AI in general needs some better coding. But I think simply put, it should opt to clear allies over attacking hero when possible unless it has lethal. As Veles said, they do this if your hero has a weapon it doesn't want to attack into.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nishaven always uses his abillity when he hits 5 SE, even if you have 0 allies for it to kill, and it kills 4 of its own allies. It also doesn't attack prior to using his hero ability.

If the AI has a cobra out, it will keep poisoning the same ally over and over, even if it's something that regens 1 hp each turn.

In general the AI will not attack anything it cannot kill with 1 damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Banebow never activates Bettle Demon Bow ability even though sometimes keeps it around on 1 durability.

Victor when starting with Golden Katar wastes durability by attacking on t1 and t2 the hero.

― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AI uses Winthil Assailer ability to kill its own allies when there are no targets on my board.

EDIT: Same thing with Ogloth
    Last edited by Veles; 10-02-2017 at 08:49 AM.

― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lance/Serena vs Eladwen on last mission

Eladwen is using Shrine of Negatia to retreat my left most item/support ability. Since I was playing Lay Low deck it means she would retreat Bazaar or Loom of Fate instead of Lay Low even though retreating LL would give her lethal.

Lance/Serena vs Ter Adun

Again Lay Low deck. It seems Ters ability was hot fixed to target only armours/items so he wouldn't blow up his own items. That means he ignores Bazaar/Loom/Rain Delay/Lay Low.

EDIT: NVM in my last game he decided to destroy his war banner over my Bazaar/Loom/Lay Low. Really weird.
    Last edited by Veles; 10-02-2017 at 09:03 AM.

― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just wanted to pop in here and say thanks for the list! It is appreciated.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Baduruu has only ever attacked my hero one time with his bow through all human campaigns up to two star. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or not because he's pretty content to just there and get hammered. He doesn't attack allies either. I know Guardian's Oath is a defensive bow but sheesh he takes it way too seriously.
    Last edited by Jari; 10-02-2017 at 10:22 PM.