Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Embers of the Just

I wanted to propose a little change to Embers of the Just

Attach to target opposing ally and that ally is set ablaze. If Embers of the Just is targeted and destroyed on your turn, it is returned to your hand and target opposing ally takes 4 arcane damage or target hero takes 2 arcane damage.

Give the option to still do some face damage to opponent. Maybe it would bring Jerry back into the meta as well. It isn't enough damage to go solo really, I don't think, and will throw another new face into the meta hopefully.

I would like to hear any feedback on this.

Just FYI, I absolutely hated old Jerry Embers. :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A change like this just seems pointless tbh. Jerry is still super playable if you know what you are doing.

It would be nice to go back to using embers as a bit of a win condition, but that was the problem with the card and probably why it was changed to begin with

As it is now, it's a solid card, and jerry is definitely a playable hero, so as nice as it would be, this change would be a little bit pointless and uneccessary

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would it be possible to get the "done" feature added to this spell for the targeting phase of 4 arcane damage? Ive had this go back to my hand a couple times w/o doing any damage. When I drag this over the ally I want to target ive missed the card I was aiming for a couple times so it just skipped the damage phase and jumped back into my hand.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaria View Post
    Would it be possible to get the "done" feature added to this spell for the targeting phase of 4 arcane damage? Ive had this go back to my hand a couple times w/o doing any damage. When I drag this over the ally I want to target ive missed the card I was aiming for a couple times so it just skipped the damage phase and jumped back into my hand.
    There is a DONE button. I advise not to use drag targeting with it.

The issue with the drag-casting is that when you "drag to nowhere" the card has actually been considered cast and then cancelled. It even shows up in the game log history! It's done this way because you need to have done a cast to get into targeting phase.

There are certain cards that have two-step effects, where the first part has been done (and we can never rewind back to before) so the second part that can't be fully cancelled, so I'm afraid what we needed to do was consider a "drag to nowhere" with the second-half of certain abilities as a DONE since there is no way to cancel and continue mid-way through ability. Just too complicated. I blame myself entirely for inventing effects that can be triggered off other card effects (I call this "chaining") but it is a cool thing to have in the game, I reckon. I do not know how much time it would take to do a proper rewrite of the drag-targeting system to make it not consider a "drag to nowhere" as a cast that was cancelled.

Hope that helps a bit to understand why it is why it is and why really you should use the buttons for targeting with Embers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just make Embers of the Just like the mage fire dot on engulfing flames no?

Embers of the just: 3cc. Attach to target opposing ally and that ally is set ablaze. When embers of the just are targeted and destroyed choose one of the two: deal 3 arcane damage to an opponent ally or enemy hero is set ablaze.