Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: masked bandit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i think it is so funny that so many say no he is fine just ping him 1 damage and he is gone. then i must ask you if you have ever played against him? and if you watch games with him how often does this ping 1 damage happen and does it then really help that much because the enemy can still have one more turn with him to attack and that is much value early turns. i do not think you have much experience with him if that is your argument.
    I run into him a lot actually but maybe the difference is ive been running mage decks lately.
    I could see warriors having trouble.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i think it is so funny that so many say no he is fine just ping him 1 damage and he is gone. then i must ask you if you have ever played against him? and if you watch games with him how often does this ping 1 damage happen and does it then really help that much because the enemy can still have one more turn with him to attack and that is much value early turns. i do not think you have much experience with him if that is your argument.
    In humans I tend to seductress + swing with 2 drop in Shadow I use DMT ping, if I have feaster I'll kill otherwise I let it soften something. I'd say in about 1/4 -1/2 the games I see it in I find a way to take advantage to the return to deck part of it, this is quite high considering that going first I often can ignore it until I can kill it so we are talking about a large percentage of the times I go second that this becomes very relevant. It is also extremely rare that I've lost a game to a leveraged t2 bandit. I think I'd honestly have lost more games outright to a puwen.

I'm not saying it is bad, going second people take great advantage of knowing bandit can probably survive and trade for something or releave pressure a bit, but it does not feel OP to me, and it is strong in a way that makes games more even and competitive not less due to its ability to combat FTA.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So why does bandit, a neutral 2cc ally, has to be so good? What about others 2cc allies?
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    So why does bandit, a neutral 2cc ally, has to be so good? What about others 2cc allies?
    I feel like a wider thread is needed to help us here. Look out for it.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I feel like this thread may help: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....827#post603827

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been playing on and off for about a year and a half. During this time I have observed that in most decks I have faced with the exception of wulven, twilight, praxis, and templar themed decks it's the same two or three two drop allies. In most shadow decks that two drop is Feasterling. While everyone can gain every card with a bit of grinding or by shadow crystals it seems like a lack of balance and variety if that card is part of approximately 85% of all shadow decks.

If the same happens with bandit on the human side it'll make the game more stale.
    Last edited by Jari; 09-08-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    first card im gonna get four of!!!!!

thanks 4 teh tip looserrs!!
    BR34K P01NT
    taking points and breaking joints 24/7
    soon to be SEF champion!!!
    [/center]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Masked Bandit imo is the best 2 drop ally in the game currently. To nerf it would allow feasterling to run rampant more than it already is. I feel it creates balance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    What I'm hearing is that Masked Bandit and Feasterling have created some new openings to be aware of and deal with. Before them, you could much more easily predict what's coming in those early turns.

There are still all the other potential openings you can go for and all the other non-ally things you can do in early turns.

I know I could be viewed as biased, but I think it's good for the game to expand the options in early turns.

I also think that popularity of Bandit does not break the game because he is not going to win anything on his own. You still have all the different heroes and main strategies at play.

But I will certainly pull lots of stats from our slave server, Ogloth, this weekend and try to slot in more games myself and watch more games. (I just played two good ones - look me up as Gondorian.) My phone is good enough to run the game now and I have lots of mobile data allowance, so I can be in the app when out and about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I second all this. Both these allies balance each other and are needed in game the way they are now (just think how much worse would meta look if they were deleted from game). Feasterling nicely fits Shadow theme by being a step in an aggro curve ally ladder Shadow decks are oftentimes trying to establish (and if they fail they usually loose). They aren t OP, dealing with them is not too difficult.

So all the whiners please tell what other meta would you establish in their place? Without a strong 2cc drop for Shadow, Humans would be in very big advantage having many haste and disabling 3cc drop allies as well as 5hp ones. Both allies are needed - Bandit exists mainly to counter Feasterling and Feasterling is foundation of many Shadow decks. Getting rid of any of them would need redesign of whole game philosphy and faction (maybe also class) flavors. You want to build game from scratch? Then tell what exactly are your propositions for all new meta...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is thier a special way to get these?