Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: masked bandit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another "A card is in every deck so it must be OP, nerf!" thread.

The problem isnt, and has never been bandit, the problem is feasterling. Feasterling makes other popular T2 drops such as yari bladedancer and karash not a valuable choice to play since they wont last a round. Harbringer is kinda still around because of Grave Resistance and his value in the graveyard and is currently the only 2/3 T2 drop used.

If you took feasterling away Bandit wouldnt be a very appealing choice, since his only feat is his high HP (that he gets shuffled into his deck is pretty shit already). I would use karash and bladedancer over him any time if Vermin wasnt around.

Look at the bigger picture on why the card is in every deck instead at the fact thats it in every deck.
    Last edited by AmberFade; 08-26-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    IGN: BP AmberFade
    TG: @AmberFade

WotBP Trophy Room:Achievements
    Legendary Blademaster of Gaderi
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Why should a neutral card be stronger than faction cards?
    Why should uncommons be stronger than rares? I don't believe in using rarity or faction types to determine balance. I think every card should be as close to viable as we can get it. This increases variety and makes the game interesting.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    every one use it
    its definitely op

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    aldon the brave and death mage make 223s dead as well
    224 can survive them
    without feasterling everyone will continue masked bandit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it is op because it has high stats not because it is in every deck. it is in every deck because it is op. my main point was the high stats but you chose to only respond to the other comment because why? you can not argue with the facts? do not waste my time with your winy nonsense. and using one op card to defend another is not helping your argument. feasterling is op and i have said this before but they have not fixed it. 2 hp cost is nothing there is no tempo loss and i garantee you people would pay more than that for early board control. and the fact that this discussion and the meta is dominated by these two allys says a lot for how op they are. again you think you are making good argument but it only suports the fact that they are op. so when you change bandit please also change feasterling. and gondorian i am surprised you did not think bandit would be op because in the past you said you changed harbinger because you thought that it was often becoming a 2/4 ally when summoned and that was too strong for a 2 resource ally. have you now changed your mind? or is it the intent of the design team to have power creep in this game?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rather then nerfing this card, think of buffing other 2cc card

(Yes my 10th post )
    Ign- CardC0llect0r (put zero instead of o)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Currently going second this card survives all human 2-3 cc combo which is huge. Even when you attack it once with your 2cc ally it will stay on the board to take it out. No other 2cc does that.
    twilight opportunist + aldon
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Using original Harbinger as an example is not a strong argument. That ally came down as a 2/4 ally that stuck to the board. Bandit does not.

I will not argue with your point on Bandit having OP stats for 2 cost. That is obvious. The point of the stats though is because he is not an ally that will stick to the board. Ping him with 1 damage in anyway and he is gone after next turn. You still have to play around it if you are going first. T2 Bandit is not a win.

The fact that Bandit can be used with either faction makes this also a non issue for me. Feasterling is an issue because he is solely a Shadow faction card giving them the best 2 drop in the game and an obvious advantage in regards to early game. Bandit is a card that can be used by either faction so there is no comparison in my eyes.

Also, having him be shuffled back into hand at the beginning of turn would make Bandit useless. If you are going second and your opponent attacks into Bandit, you are left with empty board even though you got some value from Bandit retaliate. If opponent had no t2 ally and summoned a DMT, Bandit is dead. Same as having 1 HP. FFM, BB ability. There are many options to ping him and send him back. Especially from popular options currently played.

I just do not see this card as being a game changer. I will also say that I play it in all my human decks 4x. When I play shadow, I typically stick with 4x Feasterling. Because of that, I can not say that it is OP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    and how many times you see it be shuffled into the deck in compare to how many times it is just killed? the ability is not a drawback. if you attack it you better kill it because in adding to reataliate damage it will get another attack next turn and that is why enemys always try to kill it. so you get too much value for this ally because in shadow era an extra attack for 2 damage in early game is a huge benefit. and if it is shuffled at the start of the turn you say it will be weak against ping damage. yes guess what that is called a counter. if you want op stats amd that i am not supporting then you must make the ability weaker to balance it and right now it is not balanced. and to fix feasterling it has been suggested to make it take 1 damage and the hero take 1 damage so you can not abuse its ability. or my suggest is to make it lose 1 base attack when it does damage or make its hp 2. because like i said feasterling is op and has always been op. and to say that because feasterling and bandit can not kill each other by themselfs then they are not op is the stupidest thing i have heard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    and how many times you see it be shuffled into the deck in compare to how many times it is just killed? the ability is not a drawback. if you attack it you better kill it because in adding to reataliate damage it will get another attack next turn and that is why enemys always try to kill it. so you get too much value for this ally because in shadow era an extra attack for 2 damage in early game is a huge benefit. and if it is shuffled at the start of the turn you say it will be weak against ping damage. yes guess what that is called a counter. if you want op stats amd that i am not supporting then you must make the ability weaker to balance it and right now it is not balanced. and to fix feasterling it has been suggested to make it take 1 damage and the hero take 1 damage so you can not abuse its ability. or my suggest is to make it lose 1 base attack when it does damage or make its hp 2. because like i said feasterling is op and has always been op. and to say that because feasterling and bandit can not kill each other by themselfs then they are not op is the stupidest thing i have heard.
    Im not an expert in shadow era but if i can kill an ally i do. It is true for most allies not just bandit. However in many games ive injure opponents bandit to take advantage of the ability. DMT is the best example. 1 damage and then in my next turn i face no bandit. Also many times my opponent injures my bandit and then im left with only the retaliation option before my allie goes back to my deck.

The game has to evolve somehow and nefing i feel is not the way to go. If feasterling and bandit are nerfed then another card might become op. What then? Nerf that too?

Feasterling is a problem in my opinion not hte bandit, but i would prefer to see more counters for it in form of new cards or in buffing some of the existing ones.