Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: masked bandit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master RJ View Post
    The point is that, even being an OP ally, his neutral condition makes him playable with every hero, and that's why he doesnt need to be nerfed (in my opinion...)
    It's actually the best reason for him to be nerfed. There are certain types of cards that are okay when played by every hero. Bad santa for instance, or bazaar. Those are well balamced neutral cards that serve their own purpose, and don't really replace the other class draw engines. A powerful neutral ally however, that's a problem is it starts replacing all the class options instead. Available to all hero's means it needs to be weaker than what's available to limited hero's.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Card faction needs to be used to determine that sort of stuff though. Class cards can and should be stronger than faction cards, and faction cards should be stronger than neutral cards. It's what separates the classes and factions from each other, and makes them interesting. If a neutral card is stronger than every other similar card of class alignment, then why would the card in the class alignment ever be used? That's why shriek of revulsion is better than sever ties. Why yari blade dancer is stronger than puwen. When a neutral 2 drop is stronger, (and therefore the better choice) than any other 2 drop of faction OR class alignment, then none of those other cards can see play in ANY deck.

If a neutral card is beating out yari blade dancer in a warrior deck, because the neutral card is better, then that's a problem in design. Even if masked bandit isn't over powered, he still shouldn't be the go to 2 drop for every single deck. And he can replace every other two drop, because he's a neutral card.
    It is not better than any other 2cc drop. It is just the counter to feaster. I'd rather play karash and bladedancer in my decks, because they ae miles better than bandit, but then I will just lose a certain amount of matches where I can't keep up with feaster fta. That is the only reason

The problem is feaster not bandit.
    Last edited by fordfff; 08-27-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see the issue. It's incredibly easy to deal with, and every hero has a way of doing so. Yes his stats are above curve, but not by much, and you don't even really need hard removal to deal with it as any damage source deals with it so If anything its easier to deal with than a lot of 2 drops cause you only need 1 point of damage

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Neutral op cards makes any good aligned or combo decks useless, all 625 cards should be nearly equal so you can pick from variety of choices, but now you have very restricted card pool because of op cards
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolodi View Post
    Neutral op cards makes any good aligned or combo decks useless, all 625 cards should be nearly equal so you can pick from variety of choices, but now you have very restricted card pool because of op cards
    Are you talking about Undercosted (OP on paper) or Broken (OP in games)?

I really wish those clearer terms would catch on ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Are you talking about Undercosted (OP on paper) or Broken (OP in games)?

I really wish those clearer terms would catch on ...
    Imagine you have to pick 2cc allies for your deck, say you have 30 different cards to choose from, but looking on stats there is no choice whatsoever, because some cards like bandit is clearly better then others so you have many cards you wish to use but u can't, because objectively they are worse.
    I just don't get why people complain about nerfing overpowered cards, leaving some cards overpowered, you just throwing away 3/4 of SE card pool this way.
    Dragon Council
    Shadow Dragons

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Imagine you have to pick 2cc allies for your deck, say you have 30 different cards to choose from, but looking on stats there is no choice whatsoever, because some cards like bandit is clearly better then others so you have many cards you wish to use but u can't, because objectively they are worse.
    I just don't get why people complain about nerfing overpowered cards, leaving some cards overpowered, you just throwing away 3/4 of SE card pool this way.
    OK. You could help me see your point of view by listing all the cards you think Masked Bandit is clearer better than.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is 2/4 while wast majority of 2 cc allies are either 1/3, 2/3, 1/4
    Dragon Council
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    OK. You could help me see your point of view by listing all the cards you think Masked Bandit is clearer better than.
    Again....whats the point of using yari bladedancer or karash or many 2/3 2cc allies exept harbs (undead) when you face feasterling in half your games. Bandit stats are one of the few counters to feasterling.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He is 2/4 while wast majority of 2 cc allies are either 1/3, 2/3, 1/4
    No. He is a pseudo 2/4. 1dmg and he goes away.