Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: masked bandit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

masked bandit

why does masked bandit have so high stats for a 2 resource ally? every deck use it it is op and strict better than most other 2 resource allys. the ability is not even a drawback. maybe if it was shuffled at the start of each players turn then you could at least damage it on your turn and have it removed the next turn. but now even if you damage it the enemy can use it for attack one more time. not good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    why does masked bandit have so high stats for a 2 resource ally? every deck use it it is op and strict better than most other 2 resource allys. the ability is not even a drawback. maybe if it was shuffled at the start of each players turn then you could at least damage it on your turn and have it removed the next turn. but now even if you damage it the enemy can use it for attack one more time. not good.
    makes sense to me. a lot of the campaign allies feel really weak to me too but i guess thats a separate topic.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's op. I have said this 4 months ago yet nothing has been done.

OP cards are obvious at first glance to top players. DT here, however, don't like to change them immediately because "they need to be used to make informed decision". Also some loud people love OP cards and hate nerf.

This is why few incredibly smart players are gone, who could have made this game appear in top competitive e-sports game scene.
    IGN: Kyltz

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This is the first I've heard of it. I'd be interested to hear what others think now that you've raised the subject!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Feasterling is popular and masked bandit is the only turn two drop that can survive it and be able to hit it back in your turn. I find his ability a drawback, coz i sometimes want to keep an injured ally on board to increase presure to opponent or for example to be healed with the help of pack beast etc.

Yari bladedancer is a really good ally who should have seen more play by warriors, but it cant survive a turn two opponents feasterling. Even many 3cc allies cant. Eg potl

Masked bandit is because of that reason popular, borderline op but not. Even 1 point of damage can send him back to your deck and you are left without your precious turn two drop.
    Last edited by Spartan; 08-26-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is pretty strong. I do like the suggestion by mindy to shuffle it in at the start of the controller's turn rather than at the end, would make it a bit fairer.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    It is pretty strong. I do like the suggestion by mindy to shuffle it in at the start of the controller's turn rather than at the end, would make it a bit fairer.
    That way it would be another dust collecting card. A boost from a krygon would make him go back to your deck without helping you at all

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    That way it would be another dust collecting card. A boost from a krygon would make him go back to your deck without helping you at all
    not to mention that it wouldn't survive feaster anymore = useless

But wait, we could nerf feaster too. Then the next best thing. Then we can finally play with brutalis. Until it becomes too OP at least.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Masked Bandit should be shuffled back at the start of your turn to be balanced.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Masked Bandit should be shuffled back at the start of your turn to be balanced.
    Why do you believe it is unbalanced? To me bandit is a very strong ally, but not unballanced. Read if you want my arguments above.

Ps. Most turn 2 allies can survive bandit. They cant kill it but they can survive it. This is true for most turn two allies.
    Last edited by Spartan; 08-26-2017 at 08:36 AM.