Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: masked bandit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If we going to compere bandit with feasterling, how feasterling can be op?how 1/3 or 3/3 is more op then 2/4?because returning in deck with a ping damage?But if bandit take 3 damages he will go to deck and can be use later and feasterling will go to graveyard.+1hp is better then +1 attack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Because a 2/4 cant kill my most other 2cc drops alone. A 3/3 can

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But it can survive all other 2 and 3cc ally o
    In game.Its only diferent how you look.I value hp more then attack,but i dont think neither of them are op.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertzy View Post
    But it can survive all other 2 and 3cc ally o
    In game.Its only diferent how you look.I value hp more then attack,but i dont think neither of them are op.
    I agree. They balance one another. As I said before, if feasterling wasnt that popular bandit would be less popular in my opinion.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    and gondorian i am surprised you did not think bandit would be op because in the past you said you changed harbinger because you thought that it was often becoming a 2/4 ally when summoned and that was too strong for a 2 resource ally. have you now changed your mind? or is it the intent of the design team to have power creep in this game?
    This isn't a pure 2/4 though, is it?

Side note: Does no one use removal in this game? Why is all the discussion just about ally vs ally, as though cards like Sinkhole and Retreat and NYM and Crippling Blow and so on do not exist?

I didn't want to get drawn into this discussion because I prefer to hear the expert players in conversation, but I'm surprised at how this has gone so far.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    This isn't a pure 2/4 though, is it?

Side note: Does no one use removal in this game? Why is all the discussion just about ally vs ally, as though cards like Sinkhole and Retreat and NYM and Crippling Blow and so on do not exist?

I didn't want to get drawn into this discussion because I prefer to hear the expert players in conversation, but I'm surprised at how this has gone so far.
    You generally don't want to respond to a 2 drop with a removal spell because it keeps you on the back foot. In fact you are generally worse off because their 3 drop is even more threatening on an empty board than the 2 drop. Of course if I have NYM or sinkhole and no way to contest the board I'm happy to play it but an ally is better if possible.

Back to the topic of this thread bandit is good but very well designed. Feaster is the problem imo, it can single handily take out most 2 drops and increases fta. Bandit is a great equalizer because 2 bandits simply stare at each other most of the time and it can't soften allies for your bigger allies to finish off. Also shuffling a 2 drop back in your deck is almost always worse than it dying. Seductress plus tapping it with an ally removes it as does DMT. Even with bandit getting value on their turn it is at worst a 1 for 1 with them adding a bad card to their deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I reconsidered my position, nerf both bandit and feasterling. I have more foiled puwens and karashes so I why evolve this game when can we go back to what we had for couple of years
    I milled fat Garth with rush Loest. Twice.
    I stalled Moonstaller with Rothem.
    I played Ter with monopoly cards and 4x toll bridge and managed to win a tournament.
    I cast Portal and Kris in one turn and lived to tell the tale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The point is that, even being an OP ally, his neutral condition makes him playable with every hero, and that's why he doesnt need to be nerfed (in my opinion...)
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just buff other 2cc
    Ign- CardC0llect0r (put zero instead of o)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Why should uncommons be stronger than rares? I don't believe in using rarity or faction types to determine balance. I think every card should be as close to viable as we can get it. This increases variety and makes the game interesting.
    Card faction needs to be used to determine that sort of stuff though. Class cards can and should be stronger than faction cards, and faction cards should be stronger than neutral cards. It's what separates the classes and factions from each other, and makes them interesting. If a neutral card is stronger than every other similar card of class alignment, then why would the card in the class alignment ever be used? That's why shriek of revulsion is better than sever ties. Why yari blade dancer is stronger than puwen. When a neutral 2 drop is stronger, (and therefore the better choice) than any other 2 drop of faction OR class alignment, then none of those other cards can see play in ANY deck.

If a neutral card is beating out yari blade dancer in a warrior deck, because the neutral card is better, then that's a problem in design. Even if masked bandit isn't over powered, he still shouldn't be the go to 2 drop for every single deck. And he can replace every other two drop, because he's a neutral card.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox