Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Another game with locations being abused. But yea lets not change a thing.

Fristar vs GXI Karkel
    This bs wouldn't happen if the damn location ability actually cost something to use but nope its freeeeee.
    Great thinking on this location design, make it free to play, free to use, free to abuse.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I watched it. The combo of Knight of Unaxio and justicars cape has been in the game since way before locations, but it's only ever good when you get a perfect start so it's an incredibly fragile combo, you were just unlucky enough to be the person that faced it at full potential, the slight misplay with forgotten horror didn't help you either (you could have attacked with Urigon and keldor into the knight and then played horror to kill the wisp)

What do you have in your deck that deals with locations out of interest?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol why would you want to tech against locations. I couldn't see myself doing this for 95% of my decks... The best tech is a sweet deck... Play ground shift and you get wrecked.

I just played a custom and my opponent assumed his groundshift would be a hard counter against my moonstalker with kiruth location. The joke was on him because I sacrificed all my locations ��

IMO the best decks generally play to win against whatever is strong in the meta, not to avoid an occasional loss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Fristar vs GXI Karkel
    This bs wouldn't happen if the damn location ability actually cost something to use but nope its freeeeee.
    Great thinking on this location design, make it free to play, free to use, free to abuse.
    While I agree that nothing should cost 0 in SE, some say locations cost because they can only be played on X turn, I think this is crap, but so be it.

Your deck or your draw simply could not stand up to this combo, trust me I've lost to it many times, I'm still a rush player and it's a crap shoot vs this deck, if I get good cards, I win, if not, it's over but it's not the location combo at fault. Do I like it? Hell no. But is it broken or abusable? I don't think so, otherwise it would be everywhere in QM and the ladder. It is not top meta.

Again, I agree nothing should cost zero, but this argument over 5 yrs is beyond circular, so either tech against it, if you see it a lot, or just know it's out there and make the other guy pay as much as possible for playing it.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I realized I made a misplay during the game, I play a lot at work so sometimes my full attention isn't on the game.
    I have 2 groundshifts in my deck.

If a location is free to play then the counter cards should be free as well. I am not complaining about the location itself to be honest, just that it costs 0SE to activate. If it cost resources or even 1SE then I believe it be more fair. Nothing in this game should be free, and the discard isn't a cost, its trading a unuseful card for a possible one to use which is a positive in my opinion not a negative.

I don't think this combo itself is completely broken, just hard to be when perfect.
    The location itself though let him cycle through cards for free to get his perfect setup.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If a location is free to play then the counter cards should be free as well.
    I think if you have different locations in your deck you can counter the opponent location and there are so many of them.
    Ign- CardC0llect0r (put zero instead of o)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
    I think if you have different locations in your deck you can counter the opponent location and there are so many of them.
    That's part of the issue is u cant use a viable location for every deck build. they were made for certain decks in mind to make them over the top.
    EXample, wheres the ravager location?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Locations give the opponent an ability they can use as well. This is part of the balancing. If the controller's ability is where we want it but its synergies are too strong, you can just buff the ability given to the opponent. The available turn it can be played is also part of the balance.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Locations give the opponent an ability they can use as well. This is part of the balancing. If the controller's ability is where we want it but its synergies are too strong, you can just buff the ability given to the opponent. The available turn it can be played is also part of the balance.
    It will never be balanced cause the controllers ability location is designed for the deck, the oppenents side is never designed for the opponents deck.
    If u want to balance yet, then follow the fundamentals of the game and make it cost something to play.

Wheres my locations for ravagers
    undead
    priests
    etc. wheres that balance huh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Wheres my locations for ravagers
    undead
    priests
    etc. wheres that balance huh
    Undead and ravagers have locations. If you feel they aren't strong enough, thats a different issue.

Priest is a class. Maybe there will be class locations at some point.

If you change locations to have a play cost instead of available turn, then you don't give the opponent an ability they can use on the location. Otherwise its a double negative using a location and makes no sense to ever use one in a deck. But you're doing that to locations, then they aren't locations anymore. They are just artifacts.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor