Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One of my bigger qualms is also the following
    Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    3. in game social tools (guild, buddy list,improve chat so we don't need 3rd party IM etc)
    I've played different MMO's, CCG's etc over time and most game lobbies usually offer/display:

-The # of users in lobby
    -The list of users in lobby(with the possibility to instant msg/e-mail them)
    -Private chat room's for guilds

For me these features are essentials when it comes to conveying an extra sense of community and as it was mentioned in earlier posts "communities keep games alive". I don't know much in the ways of programming, websites or servers, but when I see the Global chat I think to myself "MIRC had private messaging AND separate rooms when it showed up twenty years ago". It just gives me the impression that not enough time/energy (or thought?) has been poured into what can be a pivotal part of a game's sustainability.

Another peeve along the same lines is the dialog box for chatting in game....you can't see the match while it's open because it covers the entire screen. What's with that? in fact, I limit my conversations in game due to that lack of ergonomics. It's just not very practical.

Cards will always be an ongoing issue like many others have already stated but improving the social side of things is what one would consider a "quick hit".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Having the ability to trade cards might be nice, and the option to buy individual hero cards. I love the premium packs, but it also might be smart to offer foil packs for each individual set, considering how large the card pool already is and how large its going to be becoming in a while. Offering some more shadow crystal products might help attract attention to play investors, maybe having something like a full set box (offering 1 or a full playset of each card in a set)? Or even just a 'booster box'? Offering the ability to buy gold would help rake in some doh easily and would accelerate collecting a bunch, not sure if that would be something the players and board would be interested in, but it's a nice thought. The deck building interface could also use some optimizing, its pretty good and functions well, but lets be honest I don't think to many of us think its optimal. The graphics, special effects, art work, and speed at which the game runs in comparison is really great, so all I have to say on that is for the board not to do anything extreme in the way of changing it.