Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Areas of Shadow Era you feel need improving!

Hello everyone! We (the board) are hard at work to deliver a Shadow Era that the community wants. While we are aware of some areas that need improving and are already working on them, we would also like to hear it straight from you guys. What areas of the game do think need improving, however big or small, and how would you like to see them prioritized? And what do you currently like, or dislike?

This thread is here for you to answer these questions openly, honestly, and constructively! That way we can be as sure as possible we're heading in the direction that would lead to the best Shadow Era that it can be!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel like the social side of the game needs some attention. Global chat could be a bit smoother, eliminate the need for Telegram. Guilds in-game would help bring the community closer as well.
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know this is the toughest and probably hardest to achieve out of anything, but speed of development. I know this is a hard thing to do, but it really is for me the only thing that annoys me about this game sometimes, it just takes so long for new stuff to appear. Like spoilers for LL2 on Priests, Wulvens and Elementals, where are those? Seems like it shouldn't be a problem to at least get those out there in spoiler form at the very least to stir up excitement.

Also in regards to this I've been wondering about the development process in regards to balance. While I appreciate that the developers try to make SE a very balanced game, I feel this slows down release of new material. Is it maybe time to consider spending a little less time in development and PFG phases and just get new stuff out there and perhaps do things like temporary emergency bans of new cards that cause unforseen balance issues? Because for me that's definitely the biggest setback of this game vs. something like Hearthstone (which is nowhere near as enjoyable to play IMO) where there is at least regular new content. I would love to see SE get to a stage of a regular release, like maybe twice a year, perhaps of even somewhat smaller sets (100 cards per set for example, instead of 200), just to have regular new content to keep interest.

Again, I get that all of that is probably quite hard to achieve, but for me it really is the major hang up.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi,
    There's lots of things to talk.
    The social part in any games is what's make people stay in game. We could umprove this by divising the chat into rooms, 1 room per language. Then a guild system would be great.
    I see this like this : the guildmaster could have the possibility to organize internal tourneys.
    There could have some guild wars too, with a points system. Example 1 point for defeat, 3 points for victory. Leaderboard reset each week and participation limited for exemple to 5 fights againts the same guild to avoid abuses.
    The guild war could also take the form of a fight against a world boss that rotate each week. This boss could have let's say 10.000 pv and some specific capacities to force players to have a diversified card pool.
    Talking about monetization, the guilds members could be limited at 10, with a possibility of extention like this : 11 members -> pay 1100 SC, 12 members -> pay 1200 SC up to 50.

Another thing that is really annoying about the game right now is deck building. We should have a decent one like the one on the Gondorian website, but with more features like a manacurve, or more filtrs options, like direct damage, dot, etc...

The UI is old, it needs to be revamp.

And of course, the features that have been promishing must be implemented, like automatic tournaments and 2 vs 2. Theses 2 ones, with a decent guild system, is what will make SE a head above the others CCG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Is it maybe time to consider spending a little less time in development and PFG phases and just get new stuff out there and perhaps do things like temporary emergency bans of new cards that cause unforseen balance issues?
    They did this with several things in the past - Extractor buff, Locations, etc. And the community threw a fit about it.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval
    They did this with several things in the past - Extractor buff, Locations, etc. And the community threw a fit about it.
    True, it just annoys and confuses me as to why LL2 needs to have been in PFG or whatever for this long. How can it not be in a halfway decently balanced stage by this point? Or at least not have spoilers ready for us to see and give feedback on.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Hello everyone! We (the board) are hard at work to deliver a Shadow Era that the community wants. While we are aware of some areas that need improving and are already working on them, we would also like to hear it straight from you guys. What areas of the game do think need improving, however big or small, and how would you like to see them prioritized? And what do you currently like, or dislike?

This thread is here for you to answer these questions openly, honestly, and constructively! That way we can be as sure as possible we're heading in the direction that would lead to the best Shadow Era that it can be!
    That's easy. Just look at what everyone posts over and over again. Faster release, update older cards, more locations, just move faster.

[QUOTE=Gondorian;603041]No. The Board don't make Design decisions!
    QUOTE]

So what exactly can the board do?

and yes Guilds in game would be better, player run tournaments with automated reward systems. There's posts everywhere multiple times for the same thing, just focus on those.

Who does the design decisions? Pretty much all changes wanted are design related aren't they?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    True, it just annoys and confuses me as to why LL2 needs to have been in PFG or whatever for this long. How can it not be in a halfway decently balanced stage by this point? Or at least not have spoilers ready for us to see and give feedback on.
    They probably wasted all the money on physical cards so couldn't pay anyone to keep the game going for digital releases and designs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think possibly the top two priorities should be new cards more frequently, and increasing the enjoyability of grinding for cards. If you do this you will maintain a much larger more active player base. Hearthstone keeps me coming back with these two criteria. I try to do my quests to farm gold for the next set

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I know this is the toughest and probably hardest to achieve out of anything, but speed of development. I know this is a hard thing to do, but it really is for me the only thing that annoys me about this game sometimes, it just takes so long for new stuff to appear. Like spoilers for LL2 on Priests, Wulvens and Elementals, where are those? Seems like it shouldn't be a problem to at least get those out there in spoiler form at the very least to stir up excitement.

Also in regards to this I've been wondering about the development process in regards to balance. While I appreciate that the developers try to make SE a very balanced game, I feel this slows down release of new material. Is it maybe time to consider spending a little less time in development and PFG phases and just get new stuff out there and perhaps do things like temporary emergency bans of new cards that cause unforseen balance issues? Because for me that's definitely the biggest setback of this game vs. something like Hearthstone (which is nowhere near as enjoyable to play IMO) where there is at least regular new content. I would love to see SE get to a stage of a regular release, like maybe twice a year, perhaps of even somewhat smaller sets (100 cards per set for example, instead of 200), just to have regular new content to keep interest.

Again, I get that all of that is probably quite hard to achieve, but for me it really is the major hang up.
    Those are fair comments and we should address that. Thanks for speaking up about it.