Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown needs to be more than 4 packs.

I tried a meltdown again for the first time in a while and it's all come flooding back to me. This format needs more than 4 packs. In fact, it needs at least 6.

Consider the fact that in m:tg you open 6 packs in sealed (their equivalent for meltdown) with the same amount of cards, and even though you only need 23/24 playables, you still might be including bad cards in your deck. In shadow era you need 30 playables for every single deck and with 4 packs that isn't possible. You can't have a good spells/allies ratio because of the small pool. I recommend we use 6 packs even though we need more playables as in shadow era you are not limited to the colours you play.

Now while I understand that shadow era is NOT magic: the gathering, m:tg has been making card games for much longer (is it 20 or 25 years they celebrate this year?) And we could learn a lot from them (other things involve a business model built around people opening real packs with the cards opened added to their collection afterwards for meltdown, which would help this game make money to keep developing - you could also have people contribute towards prizes for even more cash flow)

Anyway, this should be seriously considered by whoever is in charge of the game now.

If you disagree or agree be sure to let me know in the comments!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sounds like good move.

also change it so we can play more than 1 game after building our deck from packs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tolerance View Post
    sounds like good move.

also change it so we can play more than 1 game after building our deck from packs
    That is a good idea. Best of 3, with the same or different opponents

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea of playing more than one match with same deck. Ladder will be more populated that way

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree. I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have 6 packs. You can always find at least an average deck by cycling through all the deck combinations. So I will start with 4 cotc as these packs generally have the best cards and then I work my way down.

Also if you really can't find a deck you can start a meltdown and then quickly cancel giving you new cards.

If it goes to 6 packs there needs to be a 4 pack limit for each set.. If I could choose 6 cotc packs I'll probably have both a what big teeth and an eternal renewal 50% of the time