Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Location Ideas: Please Input

Hello,

I will put a list here of possible Idea's for Locations Abilities. We need more to balance out the very few we have.
    I will update the main list here as people post there idea's and also who posted it so its all in one spot. If you come up with a name please post as well. I will comment on them as well if its possible it is to focused or strong. Looking for broad locations uses here to let people create innovative decks again.

Possible Locations:
    -----------------------
    Poster
    Name of Location
    Turn to place down
    Owner:
    Enemy:
    -----------------------

Fristar
    Undecided
    3 Turns Place into Play
    2 Resources: All allies lost haste until the start of your next turn
    4 Resources: Target Ally loses all passive abilities

-----------------------
    Fristar
    Undecided
    Turn 4 to Place into Play
    2SE: 3 Dmg is done to a random ally or hero in play.
    3 Resources: Damage done to target ally is increased by 2 until start of your next turn.

------------------------
    Fristar
    Undecided
    Turn 5 to Place into Play
    2SE: Target friendly unexhausted ally is exiled, heal target hero or ally cost of exiled ally.
    3Resources: Target hero or ally takes 1 damage.
    Last edited by Fristar; 08-13-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Saved

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If a location actually costs resources to play, then the controlling ability needs to be very strong since its a double negative to use it.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    If a location actually costs resources to play, then the controlling ability needs to be very strong since its a double negative to use it.
    Depends on what it does

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

@Fristar I'm sorry but Locations having no resource cost to play is fundamental to them. Please keep that in mind for all ideas or they will be useless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    @Fristar I'm sorry but Locations having no resource cost to play is fundamental to them. Please keep that in mind for all ideas or they will be useless.
    Does the entire board of directors agree with you?
    Why limit the game in such a way.
    Last edited by Fristar; 08-13-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I too don't understand why the activation costs can't be resources and just limited to se. Would allow for more play style choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Does the entire board of directors agree with you?
    Why limit the game in such a way.
    The Board of Directors do not make TCG Design decisions. The Board exists for high-level direction only. I'm interacting here in my capacity as Head TCG Designer (and the Director overseeing Design).

It's not a limitation to always have no resource cost. Consider when you're using one Location to counter another location by covering it - you just made one version of the counter cost more than others.

The activation cost is where we have the best chance to balance since you'd pay each time it's around and used. If anything zero-resource cards with activation cost to do anything useful are more balanced than others you pay once for then have benefit the whole game (e.g. Most allies, hero attachments, etc.).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    God dont act like hell, many people love this game based on what this game had, of course including location cards so dont try to destroy it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello,

I will put a list here of possible Idea's for Locations Abilities. We need more to balance out the very few we have.
    I will update the main list here as people post there idea's and also who posted it so its all in one spot. If you come up with a name please post as well. I will comment on them as well if its possible it is to focused or strong. Looking for broad locations uses here to let people create innovative decks again.

Possible Locations:
    -----------------------
    Poster
    Name of Location
    Turn to place down
    Owner:
    Enemy:
    -----------------------

Fristar
    Undecided
    3 Turns Place into Play
    2 Resources: All allies lost haste until the start of your next turn
    4 Resources: Target Ally loses all passive abilities
    Seems fair to me. At the cost of 2 resources you can prevent haste damage. 4 Resources to destroy passives is a little high, but could come in handy as an option for the opponent.

-----------------------
    Fristar
    Undecided
    Turn 4 to Place into Play
    2SE: 3 Dmg is done to a random ally or hero in play.
    3 Resources: Damage done to target ally is increased by 2 until start of your next turn.
    This one seems pretty weak. While 3 damage for 2SE isn't weak, because its a random target that includes the hero the chances of the 3 damage being placed where you want it is likely too low. I would suggest removing the hero from the equation. That way you could control what ally it is hitting and could be used as an alternate hero power for control decks.

Meanwhile, the NC ability is a little too strong and allows the opponent to decide the target for the extra damage they want to to deal. Having said that, Plains of Storms is probably a good name.

------------------------
    Fristar
    Undecided
    Turn 5 to Place into Play
    2SE: Target friendly unexhausted ally is exiled, heal target hero or ally cost of exiled ally.
    3Resources: Target hero or ally takes 1 damage.
    This one seems great. Reminds me of the really old Elementalis ability I never got to try out. It seems fairly balanced too. The NC ability is basically a DMT without the body, which seems fair enough. It also slightly counteracts the healing.

---

Thanks for the suggestions Fristar. These are actually not to bad and achieve the goal of being broad that you set for them. I could see myself putting in 2 copies of the last one for tech against locations in some of my control decks that run a lot of allies with useful active abilities.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel