Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is there any plans to update the older cards?

Is there going to be a update to cards to bring them into the alignments they should be?
    Irian for example, warrior or yari ally?
    and more, lots more.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi Fristar. There are no plans to adjust any cards from CotC, DP or SF. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but there are no plans for it at the moment.

Aside from the Campaign, we should be spending Design time and coding time on new cards now, as we have to bring the product roadmap back to life!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have thought and talked about this extensively. At this point, I would not object to older cards being redesigned/rebalanced to meet up with current power curves. I would not want to see physical cards negated, more like the physical format would be its own format - similar to how meltdown is its own format. Physical is fun but I would not want to see it impede progress on the digital format.

Having said that, we also have unfinished features and an unfinished set that should probably be completed to "stabilize" the current game format. This is just my personal opinion on the matter but I feel that old cards being dynamic is a more attractive option than having a rotation and a more cost friendly option than spitting out new sets more frequently.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I have thought and talked about this extensively. At this point, I would not object to older cards being redesigned/rebalanced to meet up with current power curves. I would not want to see physical cards negated, more like the physical format would be its own format - similar to how meltdown is its own format. Physical is fun but I would not want to see it impede progress on the digital format.
    This could give you an idea of what that may look like.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Irian for example, warrior or yari ally?
    What makes you say that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    What makes you say that?
    When the first sets were releases they were made in a more general term. The alignments weren't heavily focused.
    Now all the new cards are very heavy alignment focused.
    Carnivor being switched to a humanculous.
    Irina being yari or warrior which would make much more sense for the card opens up more combos to keep up with current meta, shes never played really.

There is quite a few of the of the older set cards that seem no play or small play which getting a proper alignment would make a huge benefit to seeing it more in actual play. more combos and benefits would make them more viable in play agagin.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aside from the Campaign, we should be spending Design time and coding time on new cards now, as we have to bring the product roadmap back to life![/QUOTE]

Theres nothing really to design for the update of older cards. Change alignment name on card and some coding. Its not like new things need to be brainstormed. It will pull some of the older cards out of the graveyard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think you miss the point that unaligned cards will eventually be relevant. And to go back and add alignments to certain cards would of course impact balance of those alignments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why would they become viable again. The release coming isn't going to do anything for them what so ever.
    Please explain how the cards coming are going to do anything for like Irina Guardian of the Swan. Are we talking the next next release of cards 2 years from now?

The board should vote on this. Isn't that why they are here now, to help move the game towards a more improved play and profits?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Is there any plans to update the older cards?

No. The Board don't make Design decisions!

As for unaligned, all we need is one card that references an "unaligned ally" and those old unaligned allies become relevant. Garina Road almost used that exact specification.