Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is there any plans for improving the AI?

Hello.

I think I saw a post about improving the AI a few years ago. I tried to find it but I couldn't.
    Now that Single Player Campaigns are available, it would be much more interesting to play against the AI if it were stronger.
    I'm a machine learning engineer so I might be able to help.

Thanks!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I have plans to take a stab at it or a hammer to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At least Ter has stopped destroying his own weapons/items for no good reason haha.

Seriously though, if AI was directed to attack opposing allies more strategically it might make things a bit more realistic/challenging. From what I've gathered with my AI experiences your allies are usually only targeted if their HP and the delivered damage coincide (ex: Fireball on an ally with 4HP or opposing Hero uses weapon with 1 ATK against ally with 1 HP). In other words if your ally has less HP than the damage that an ability/ally/hero can deal then he won't be targeted unless it's a multi target spell like Arcane Burst.

I'm sure the SE team is aware of most of the shortcomings the AI is facing (after all they designed it). But, when I saw your post I wondered to myself if a well organized thread might help. In short, players old and new could point out issues where they feel the game's AI component could use some tweaking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think the AI could be improved, and maybe even have some deck variance between games if possible, but I also need to strongly urge that they do not push the difficulty level to high, all to often I come across little online flash games and the like with near unbeatable AI's, while that may sound fun to some, its a pain in the neck for the rest of us.