Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Explanation of Campaign Difficulty

Lurking on the global chat I've already seen a few people lament the sheer infernal difficulty of the Hard mode campaigns, such a sentiment to which I incidentally agree with and believe is justified.

I suggest perhaps a short explanation of the different difficulty levels ingame so that the players know what theyre faced with when entering a hard mode campaign, maybe clicking a button brings up a box introducing the campaign saying something to the likes of 'Easy: normal mode'; 'Normal: harder mode'; and 'Hard: infernal Lunatic mode (we suggest you specifically build your deck for this challenge!)'

This way the players can get a sense of the ballpark expectation of what the difficulty was actually made for instead of newcomers possibly seeing the impression 'heres easy, heres normal, heres hard, now beat them all with your starter deck'.
    IGN: SeceriaSkye
    Alt: Flandre Scarlet

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SeceriaSkye View Post
    This way the players can get a sense of the ballpark expectation of what the difficulty was actually made for instead of newcomers possibly seeing the impression 'heres easy, heres normal, heres hard, now beat them all with your starter deck'.
    I can understand that, but isnt the best way to explain how hard it is simply by having them try it? I dont think there is any penalty for losing in the campaign

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I kinda mean, introducing the campaign in a way that players can 'respect' the difficulty. Everyone can see how hard it is to be Gravebone when Boris starts with Aldon the Brave, 2x Blake Windrunner and a War Banner *rage* *qq*... But the point is to remind players that its to be taken as a challenge mode for those fanatics out there, like don't despair if you cant beat it on your first few tries or cant beat it at all yet.

This probably isnt a huge problem, I just thought it might be more user friendly is all
    Last edited by SeceriaSkye; 08-17-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    IGN: SeceriaSkye
    Alt: Flandre Scarlet

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SeceriaSkye View Post
    I kinda mean, introducing the campaign in a way that players can 'respect' the difficulty. Everyone can see how hard it is to be Gravebone when Boris starts with Aldon the Brave, 2x Blake Windrunner and a War Banner *rage* *qq*... But the point is to remind players that its to be taken as a challenge mode for those fanatics out there, like don't despair if you cant beat it on your first few tries or cant beat it at all yet.

This probably isnt a huge problem, I just thought it might be a more user friendly is all
    That makes sense. This is another reason why I advocate visual and sound effects so much -- which could help achieve what you are referring to. SE is the only quality digital ccg that lacks them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...and after the latest update the "difficulty thing" has been brought to a whole new level