Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Does anybody know how to get Shadow Era to run on an iPad2?

I haven't been able to play on my 32GB iPad 2 for a year or so. Each time there is an update, I download it and try again.

When trouble first began, I only had the problem on my primary account, which has lots of foils and 4x or more of virtually all the cards. There, I could play alright but the program would crash if I used the Deck Editor. I figured there was just some glitch when enumerating all those cards, because SE ran okay on an alt account that I was toying with where I didn't buy a lot of cards.

After a while, the game started crashing in QM regardless of which account I used, but still worked on my alt accounts to play 'Solitaire' against the AI in World.

Later still, and Shadow Era stopped even allowing me to finish launching the game. I see the pretty picture of Raikka. I can enter my email and password, but the News and Announcements screen doesn't get updated (where news should appear, is just blank black space. The game says 'Loading Complete' but instead of going to World or Campaign or whatever, it just closes and leaves me on the desktop.

Here is the procedure I tried. I think this used to work but no longer helps at all:

Restart iPad 2 by holding down power button and confirming shut down, then Hold down power button until Apple logo appears.
    Wait until iPad allows unlock screen and accepts password.

Run 'Settings' and go to 'General' 'Storage' 'Manage Storage' choose 'Shadow Era' and Delete App

Restart iPad 2

Go to App Store, search for 'Wulven', choose 'Wulven Game Studios" and download program

Restart iPad 2

Launch Shadow Era and log in.

The above procedure is no longer working. I do not get to see any News/Announcements or anything else on any account.

TL;DR: Is Shadow Era working properly for anybody on iPad 2? Did you have to go through any special steps to get it to work?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    My hunch is simply that your device and whatever version of iOS you have are just not supported by the latest version of Unity (which we have to update to for bug fixes and get the best out of the most current and popular hardware/platforms), but let's hope we hear back from some iPad 2 users who are having success with it and they can point you towards getting it to function properly again. Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    My hunch is simply that your device and whatever version of iOS you have are just not supported by the latest version of Unity (which we have to update to for bug fixes and get the best out of the most current and popular hardware/platforms), but let's hope we hear back from some iPad 2 users who are having success with it and they can point you towards getting it to function properly again. Good luck!
    Forcing operations leads to data loss , you need to update your iOS versions ,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do you have 10.3.3 iOS ?
    Ign- CardC0llect0r (put zero instead of o)