Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

New player? Introduce yourself for random prize from me!

Hi all. I just played an iOS test game (as a check before iOS live release of 3.502) and met a nice new player called Spark Lighting. We had a great game - very back and forth - and a good chat during it and he said he started 3 days ago. He was using a Homunculus Nishaven Quarry deck (quite advanced for a new player!). During the match, I introduced myself and sent him 1000SC from my account (as thanks for being my co-tester), but for some reason this was not taken as a bribe when I told him and he beat me.

Anyway, from out of the darkness of defeat came an idea: To make this thread! So we can hear from other new players about their experiences ... without me having to risk further losses to new players each time!

Here's how it works:
    1) You post your in-game name, a bit about yourself and how you found the game. If you have any feedback (good or bad), post that too if you like.
    2) Each person who posts will get a random prize to their account from me. (By random, I mean that I will on-the-fly think of something nice to give each of you.)

Sound good?

Then let the replies flow ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm semi new ��
    ign: SK Frost2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What do you mean about new players?
    I mean, how many hours/days/months/years/eras is the maximum time for being considered "new" on SE?
    Shadow Dragons

Arch Dragon

Founder of the Shadow Dragons Guild

"Sky above us
    Earth below us
    Fire within us"

Telegram: @shadowdragons
    Shadow Dragons Website
    Shadow Dragon Forum
    Shadow Dragons Guild Thread
    Decklists: Shadow Rockers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha, new on the forum FTW

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Master RJ View Post
    What do you mean about new players?
    I mean, how many hours/days/months/years/eras is the maximum time for being considered "new" on SE?
    It's for the player to decide if they are new. I'm not going to put hard and fast rules on this. It was just meant to be a nice thread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play video games for many years, mostly rpg and strategy ones. I was playing a mobile rpg, got bored from grinding and rng drop system and thank God someone on the forums mentioned card games. I thought i should try to play one so i went in the play store and start looking for a good card game. I looked mostly at the highest rated ones installed a couple and gave them a try. They were ok, nothing special though. They required internet conection so i tried to find one that could be also played offline.

There it was! Shadow era! Awesome art, freedom of play, i thought i played an rpg and a strategy game at the same time. As someone else said: this game is like chess but fun!!! I got hooked in this game the moment i played the first matches against AI. I took a look in the forums for advise, made a deck and played like no tomorrow. I bored playing against the ai soon so i looked for cheap pvp decks to play. I was amased by how free to play this game is and try to support it till then.

The game felt like home from day one and my interest increased even more when first victories from pvp matches started to increase. I was feeling thrilled and lost for the game at the same time because of the huge amounts of cards to pick and play and then Jose shawed up and he introduced me to telegram.

Now here I am, proud member of AA1academy giving you feedback in form of a story, really hoping it make sence because my english are not good.

What i dont like from this game is the existence of stall decks. In my opinion they ruin the fun a bit. I dont mind the consept of control decks but stall decks are the extreem representation of control and i think they went a bit to far for my liking.

AA1 Spartan

Ps: joining A1s academy really help me to enjoy SE even more. Playing and learning under the guidance and advise of good players simply makes the ingame experience alot greater. So my advise to fellow new players is to join a guild if they want to learn the game faster and in a much more pleasant way.
    Last edited by Spartan; 08-14-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A1 burn1985

I started playing SE in 2016 when my big brother A1 Burnout1985 told me about this amazing game. I have got my A1 tag without probation period in Aa1 Coz my brother was popular i still need to learn about everything. My level is pretty low. People usually call me noob ingame. I have no sc at all. i especially need shinning cards

SE is my first card game and i love it, even if people treat me noob, especially that bad guy called a1dejvo
    A1 Burnout1985

I always believed in myself and did well,
    but joining A1 took me the next level. Curious how?

Click here to know how to join A1

-Ladder 1st score: season 67, 66, 62, 61, 58, 49, 37, 35, 34, 30
    -Ladder 1st rating: season 67, 66, 63, 58, 57, 54, 53, 49, 47, 36
    -Tournament won: WORLD CHAMPION 2016, Spagetthi IV, The Fall Seasonal Championship , Bounty Price II, SLUGFEST IX, Highlander II

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A1 AkaTjein

I am very new and young...
    Just it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I'm not really new, but I used to play a long while back . I used to run a mill deck that wasn't too successful but hella fun. Then I moved for university, changed laptops and had generally shitty internet, all of which led me to being overwhelmed and forgetting about shadow era for a while. That and the fact that I introduced two friends to the game (one who played exclusively single player until he got a deck for those zap things that get stronger the more of them you have on the board and the other thought it was pathetic that the hero couldn't attack and would build a deck around an attacking hero), one of which hates my guts for some reasons and won't let me try and fix it, and the other got overwhelmed with uni that neither reminded me to play.

A few days back a new friend was bitching about legendary cards in hearthstone. I have an ok account there, so I booted it up to play and I realized: fuck hearthstone I miss shadow era. So I rushed back here (after promptly kicking his ass in my aggro warlock and face hunter decks)

Now I joined back and tried to play the single player mode, but well, idk how my mill deck works :P so I wouldn't mind a handout to try and play some normal deck, and theory craft after.

On a less beggar-y note: have they not added too many cards recently? Or are the cards I have just really old?
    Also I have an ok amount of cards, as I bought packs with money, but can I like just 'reset' my account without losing my cards? I'd like to start fresh because honestly I'm really confused.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A1 Bolverk

My name was taken after a varl-berserker character of Banner Saga 2. Usually I get decent rating at the season's beginning, but then I go berserk and screw it all, cause like a real man I don't camp — I play this amazing game for fun!