Close

Hybrid View

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Recommend me an Android device please

Apart from my eldest daughter's phone, which I struggle to wrestle off her at the best of times, we have no Android devices in our house (unless you include some Amazon Fire products).

I think this has been a hinderance to my ability to test Android builds for Shadow Era (I can't) and prevented me from doing my own Android experimental development as well.

With a bit of money coming my way soon for being Chairman of the Board, I think a good use of that money would be to buy an Android device that will help with Android testing and debugging issues people report. (It's always been an area where I have to just plead ignorance and being helpless to do anything. I'm tired of that blocking me to help you guys!)

https://youtu.be/YlRLfbONYgM

In the spirit of quid pro quo, I'd really appreciate it if folks with Android devices they are happy with (for running Shadow Era as well as for other reasons) could give me their recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play on a Samsung Galaxy View. 18.4" screen I believe. Its like using a touch screen PC with an Android operating system. Amazing for Shadow Era, and YouTube/movies as well. I even hook up a keyboard and mouse... Instant Android computer. Only downside is the portability, I pretty much leave it on a desk like a desktop. I should add that I do not currently own a computer, this fills in perfectly.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Recommend me an Android device please

Quote Originally Posted by Ogloth View Post
    I play on a Samsung Galaxy View. 18.4" screen I believe. Its like using a touch screen PC with an Android operating system. Amazing for Shadow Era, and YouTube/movies as well. I even hook up a keyboard and mouse... Instant Android computer. Only downside is the portability, I pretty much leave it on a desk like a desktop. I should add that I do not currently own a computer, this fills in perfectly.
    Hi Ogloth. (Name sounds familiar but I can't quite place it. Are you friends with Gravebone?)

That sounds pretty neat but maybe out of my budget range. We're not paid *that much* to be on the board.

Side note: Ogloth's ability was one of the first things I was involved with adding into the game when I joined the Design Team back in 2011. It's good to see he has some fans! I was really glad to be able to get him into a CotC starter deck when we revised them to be per-hero a while back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hey gondo

i use samsung galaxy 7 prime
    if its only to test stuff and do a few more things, this is pretty good cost benefit. i recommend get a used one that is in good shape.
    i use this phone for heaps of things, like gps in the car, to play shadow era, etc etc.. never had a single problem.
    best of it, it will be cheap as it has been release about 2 years ago approx.
    btw, i got mine with about 10/11 months of usage.
    pretty good phone!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heyya. I can suggest you to get a device with ARCore support. It would be the most future proof. The thing is that only factory calibrated devices can properly support ARCore.
    https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/
    Dragon Council
    IGN: SD KOLODI
    TG: @kolodim
    Shadow Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It all depends on the price actually. Good cheap phones that make the Asian market are Xiaomei and Maisie. Phones that are not cheap are iPhones and Samsung. Between Xiaomi and Meizu, I would choose Xiaomi, in particular, the redmi line. If it is a Samsung or an iPhone, it is still an iPhone. As for me, then Samsung is extremely unstable.Personaly i use Readmi 4 Note. Good choice and to addition to this site clc.am/PbeVKQ you have very good product.
    Last edited by MarkD; 11-12-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Android is a good decision. Using iPhone you can face free iPhone spy apps that are used to track your activity and send the result to another phone that spy on you. Speaking about Android you can choose Sony. I like the quality of this brand.