Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Wow lasts one turn. Every other location will last all game if i dont put location stopping cards in my deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    If it did cost something it be more fun to play.
    Just played a game.
    Leviathan on there side and plays raksul. Every turn he draws a card and/or for zero activates location. Adds 2 attack every turn to his attack for nothing. No drawback to using it on his side cause location does nothing for me.
    Once again, placed down for free, and then buffs his ally for free twice a turn.
    Locations need to be reworked or something.
    Every game i play over 310 it seems im playing vs a cheap combo with locations. I truly believe it hurts the game.
    If you are encountering location decks often and deciding not to run counter cards, then that's the reason that you aren't having fun.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Fristar, thank you for helping with good PR for Locations to encourage people to use them by making them sound OP.

You will change the meta, I'm sure of it. You should say they are bad and then no one will use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    If you are encountering location decks often and deciding not to run counter cards, then that's the reason that you aren't having fun.

Locations themselves aren't the problem, its the way it was implemented.
    Nothing should be free in a game where the main mechanic of play is based on cost to summon or se for hero ability.
    Locations bypass this which changes the game. There a free cheap way to get massive advantage in the game,

Yes Gondorian I realize this is your brain child and you want to say there perfect as is and always will be so you can make your mark on the game but look at it from a players perspective. The few locations have very limited applications so you always see the locations being used in the same way in the same decks over and over again with no variations in decks anymore. Locations from the limited amount and limited type of play has stopped people from make new decks from the regular cards because if you don't build the deck around the specific location for the cheap win you don't climb the ladder. You will never believe there is something wrong with the locations being a free to play and use system cause you made it, I understand that and I do not hold it against you. By the way waiting to a certain turn is not a cost. Cost is to use resources or SE to put it into play, not having to wait a couple turns.

Maybe you can make some more cheap combo locations for other types of decks for the rest of us?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another example of cheap combos with location play.

KA Cutenew3dy vs Fristar.

Turn 3 has a 4/5 ally on board. And you say locations aren't a problem? if they actually cost something to put down then this BS wouldn't exist.
    Fact is there is a problem but everyone wont say it cause they like using the cheap system of locations to get a massive advantage.
    And yes in almost every single game I have played over 300 my opponent is using a cheap location combo cause that what this game has come to.
    It used to be more fun when people had to build decks to be good, and balanced to win. Not anymore, just use a location deck and cheap combo it away.
    I think its laughable that you guys don't see a problem with the location system.
    How many top ranked people here are not ever using locations in there decks over 300 rating? I wouldn't be surprised if the number is zero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Smiley faces don't make it any less condescending.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvsklown View Post
    Smiley faces don't make it any less condescending.
    I just ignored it. A parent of a ugly disfigured child will never see anything but what they think is perfect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nah you gotta call people out. Otherwise they continue to think it's ok.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here some quotes from other posts:

Brand new player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relentl1ss View Post
    My dislike of locations continues to grow and my interest in playing starts to wane as they become more common.
    Wonder how many new players just quite without ever saying something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Another example of cheap combos with location play.

KA Cutenew3dy vs Fristar.

Turn 3 has a 4/5 ally on board. And you say locations aren't a problem? if they actually cost something to put down then this BS wouldn't exist.
    Fact is there is a problem but everyone wont say it cause they like using the cheap system of locations to get a massive advantage.
    And yes in almost every single game I have played over 300 my opponent is using a cheap location combo cause that what this game has come to.
    It used to be more fun when people had to build decks to be good, and balanced to win. Not anymore, just use a location deck and cheap combo it away.
    I think its laughable that you guys don't see a problem with the location system.
    How many top ranked people here are not ever using locations in there decks over 300 rating? I wouldn't be surprised if the number is zero
    I used to have an elementalis deck that could consistently have a 5/5 karash on board by turn 3 without locations. What you are describing is a shift in the meta, which happens. If you want to be competitive you have to build decks that beat what's out there, there are no two ways about that, and it is true for every single card game out there. If locations are becoming popular, you'll start seeing more people running location tech, which will eventually lead to locations falling out of the meta and something else taking its place. Just like not even a month ago you'd not really see locations in top meta decks as often because a lot of people were using groundshift and sinkhole as tech (not always aimed at teching locations but incidentally this meant that locations weren't popular)

Locations as a mechanic are great, the only thing in this thread I can agree on is that we need more though.

Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn