Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question List of Campaigns completed?

I'm really excited by this new update with single player campaign modes, and while I recognize that it is a work in progress, I think it would be nice for players to know exactly how much progress has been made.

After plowing through about 2 dozen generic AI matches with Gravebone, I decided to play some Victor for a change of pace and was shocked to discover that his campaign has dialogue and special survival challenges! With as many different heroes as Shadow Era has, it's perfectly understandable that not all of them would receive fully fleshed out campaign modes in this first update, but it would be nice to know which ones have so players could play those now and wait on further updates for the others if they want.

A stickied post that tracks which campaigns have been fully written and which campaigns are still under construction would be great.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be nice to see which heroes have campaign modes completed, I agree! As far as I know, the human campaigns are being done first?
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The most complete campaign missions in terms of dialogue are currently Boris and Amber, so I recommend trying them first. Other dialogue is currently being worked on and will be released over time.

For those who have seen some dialogue and how the story is developing, now would be a great time to give feedback on what is there in case you think it stinks or you love it or somewhere in the middle. Let us know!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The most complete campaign missions in terms of dialogue are currently Boris and Amber, so I recommend trying them first. Other dialogue is currently being worked on and will be released over time.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I'd like to recommend/request maybe making the map icons for missions that have completed dialogue and events different from those that don't. That way when more content is created and released, it will be easier to tell what that content is.

For players who have already beaten campaign missions that are still just regular vs AI battles, will those be reset when their completed forms are ready, or will they at least be replayable to view the new dialogue?

Lastly, when campaign updates come out, do you expect you'll typically release large blocks of campaign content for 1 or 2 heroes, or a few missions for several heroes?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Finny the Poo View Post
    For players who have already beaten campaign missions that are still just regular vs AI battles, will those be reset when their completed forms are ready, or will they at least be replayable to view the new dialogue?
    I hope it won't be reset I'm hardly making my way with Baduruu through campaign mission, and I hope I won't have to restart everything

Erestor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is there an update on which hero campaigns have completed dialogues? Or some way to check in-game?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrohovie View Post
    Is there an update on which hero campaigns have completed dialogues? Or some way to check in-game?
    As far as I know, there are no new lines of dialogue since it was released on 1st August. The man to ask for a more accurate update is NachyoChez (Kevin Manning).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Erestor View Post
    I hope it won't be reset I'm hardly making my way with Baduruu through campaign mission, and I hope I won't have to restart everything

Erestor
    I just meant that I don't want to miss out on any of the story that's introduced later just because I tore through a bunch of AI matches (that don't have dialogue or anything implemented yet) with Gravebone to try a new deck and earn some crystals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope that the 2 or 3 cards down since turn 0 in the third game were periodically changed even when Campaigns Project will be completed.

I think that to win in such a situation it's a good training, even if AI Opponent is not very Intelligent. It's training in building strange decks useful in strange situations.

invernofreddo
    IGN: 17 invernofreddo