Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

In-Game Rewards for Token Holders

Hi everyone!

If you have Shadow Tokens associated with your Shadow Era account, you can now benefit from a number of rewards, dependent on the value of your tokens.

Daily Shadow Crystals Into Your Account

As written on the Shadow Token information page, one of the benefits of owning Shadow Tokens is that you can earn Shadow Crystals each day in your associated game account when you log in.

- Every day at midnight server time (Eastern Standard Time), your Shadow Token Dollar Balance (STDB)* for your account will be checked.
    - If that account logged into Shadow Era within the previous 24 hours, you will receive 1 Shadow Crystal to your account for each $15.00 of your STDB (rounded down).

This represents a 24% ROI per year if you log in each day and hold a STDB of at least $15.00 throughout.**

* Shadow Token Dollar Balance = Number of Shadow Tokens associated with your account multiplied by the current Shadow Token market rate in US Dollars.

** Shadow Crystal value assumed to be $0.01.

We hope you will agree these are generous but sensible rewards (we've crunched the numbers to check it won't bankrupt the game) and, with the Shadow Token price still rising, the "Buy-In" level per SC will likely be lower than $15.00 for many people. This system went live just after the stroke of midnight on 15th August 2017 (and players receive in-game Mail daily to inform of the SC they received as of 4th September 2017).

Epic Avatar and Colored Name in Global Chat Lobby

If you have at least $15.00 worth of Shadow Tokens in your account (see above for calculation), you will get these two benefits. These features are available in v3.502 onwards.

Auto-foiled Decks for Top 100 Token Holders

Regardless of whether the cards in your deck are foiled or non-foiled, they will automatically appear foiled when you play matches. This feature is available in v3.502 onwards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Daily Shadow Crystals for Token Holders

An example in case it's hard to follow:

At midnight server time, Gondorian has 1000 Shadow Tokens and the current token market price is $0.10. This makes his STDB equal $100 at that point in time. So he will be credited with 6SC if he has logged in within the last 24 hours (since fractional SC is rounded down).

So it's not about your number of Tokens but the market price of ST at any time. As the market price of ST varies, so will the amount of SC received each day so ....

If ST becomes $0.15 by the next midnight and Gondorian has logged in, then that's an STDB of $150 and he will get 10SC credited.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello Gondorian,

May I ask if this reward has gone live by now, or is still under development ?
    How will the player be notified of this daily reward ?

Thanks for all,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Erestor View Post
    Hello Gondorian,

Thanks for all,
    Ill Bet I can answer that!, you wont, (that would be alot of tracking) You simply check your SC today and then check back after 24 hrs and see what you have.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erestor View Post
    Hello Gondorian,

Thanks for all,
    I don't really think you are going to want a notification every day.

Just believe it's going in and check the balance when you want.

It's not live yet though, I can tell you that.

If anyone is upset at missing out on a few SC in the next couple of days due to this, send me a PM and I'll add some SC to your account via redeem code.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Gondorian,

No problem for me - I can wait a few days, of course
    But I have some -well, alot- Shadow Tokens, and I am very impatient to know how much I can get each day

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello
    I'm new player and I love this game. Tempted with words From baner " ...with great reaward such as profit share AND MANY IN-GAME BONUSES, this is something something you won't want to miss..." I buy Shadoww Tokens for 20$. And my reward is blue nick in chat and 1 SC daily �� NICE ! how I can sold Shadow Tokens? I won't back my money . I buy SC in game .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is live now, isn't it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    It is live now, isn't it?
    Yes. Went live while I was asleep. I'll do a proper clear announcement later.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Daily Shadow Crystals for Token Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    Hello
    I'm new player and I love this game. Tempted with words From baner " ...with great reaward such as profit share AND MANY IN-GAME BONUSES, this is something something you won't want to miss..." I buy Shadoww Tokens for 20$. And my reward is blue nick in chat and 1 SC daily í*½í¸‚ NICE ! how I can sold Shadow Tokens? I won't back my money . I buy SC in game .
    I don't know what you were expecting as a return for your investment but that 1SC per day is 365SC per year. You put in $20 as an investment, not a purchase.

Let's assume the token price stays the same and you decide to take the $20 out after a year ... you've just got an annual rate of interest of about 18% (when 100 Shadow Crystals is assumed to be worth $1.00).

Then also you will have a share of any profits for that year and voting powers as a token holder. There's also strong potential of the token price to grow in that year (it's why I'm keeping my tokens) so you could be cashing out a lot more than $20 after one year.

I am guessing you didn't want to invest but just buy something. Send me a PM on here and I'll see what I can do. Cheers!