Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

BadooRang [300 Undead Baduruu]

hey All,

long time since i've last played this game, came back after some 2 years at first i thought i was only gonna focus on meltdown since i didn't really feel like learning the meta and all the new cards and all that, but after 2-3 MD weeks i started testing my old decks and realized i was having,.....umm, fun

so, there i was, trying to build a solid BB (my most favorite hero back in the day), but somehow ended up with switching to Baduruu

without further ado i present my version of undead Baduruu that got me to 300 this season (including some 10+ winning streak) and i am by no means a pro player, just your average Joe

Hero:

Baduruu (40 incl. hero)

Allies:

3x Frostmare
    3x Harbinger of the Lost
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Death Collector
    3x Cryptspawn Tormentor
    2x Der'kan, the Bone King
    2x Forgotten Horror

Abilities/Items:

3x Sacrificial Lamb
    3x Hunter's Gambit
    2x The Perfect Shot (i didn't play this in the original version, but as i moved up towards the 290-300 range i realized i really struggle with fatties so decided to include this)
    2x Ley Line Nexus (had 2x originally, but had to cut one to make room for TPS)

Weapons/Armor:

4x Grundler's Double
    3x Emore Crossbow
    3x Necromancer's Shroud

...i think the deck is pretty self-explanatory, but am happy to answer any questions The most important thing to realize/learn with this deck is when to forget the board and start going for the throat, you really want quick games and to ignore the board unless there's a really big threat out there, deal as much damage to opposing hero as you can and as fast as you can, that's imo the key

what i like about this deck is that it is really capable of regaining lost board, can make some nice comebacks and overall gives you at least a decent fighting chance in just about any matchup.

my most favorite board state is probably to have a GD equipped, Der'kan on board and 1-2 copies of Sac Lamb in hand, this way you can deal 8 damage to a hero 3 turns in a row with only one ally, one weapon and only 6 resources, while you draw 8 cards - pretty decent, ennit

another nice finisher is a Necromancer's Shroud, as it allows 3-4 points of "hasted" damage and you can pretty much always decide whather you want to keep the ally on board or not

and last, but not least - Frostmare - i would never cut this card from this deck, ever, not a single copy wear down weapons, weaken allies, fill the grave with Undead, this lil fella is a proper workhorse and does all his work for free (most of the time)

...i hope you'll enjoy this deck (should you decide to give it a go) same way i do

EDIT: updated the decklist, already hit 300 with it this season, i feel i might start struggling now, but as for now my greatest Nemesis seems to be bad draw/opening hand
    Last edited by 3L J3FF3; 08-04-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don’t feel like forstmare worth a space here. Its body is too weak and puts you in a -1 card disadvantage.

Shroud is too good not to have 4…esp when you are running slamb

Derkan – 3 copies are too much imo…max 2, or 1.

Snare is ok but playing undead baduruu you want to maximize board pressure. So it’s better off with more allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Don’t feel like forstmare worth a space here. Its body is too weak and puts you in a -1 card disadvantage.

Shroud is too good not to have 4…esp when you are running slamb

Derkan – 3 copies are too much imo…max 2, or 1.

Snare is ok but playing undead baduruu you want to maximize board pressure. So it’s better off with more allies.
    Snare was the kind of card i decided to include because of lack of t2 drops, but could do w/o it i guess, but Frostmare feels great! i though the same you just said, too weak, does no damage, but after first couple games i realized how useful this fella is, got haste, wears down weapons/armor, comes for free most of the time, weakens allies, fills grave - he does so much for so little i cant even think of letting him go

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    okay, so started testing a slightly changed version, i cut snare traps and one frostmare and added 3x Harbinger of the Lost, will post results as soon as i have any

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    another season and again 300, will update the decklist soon