Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help improve this fun Ravager Ter Adun deck

Hi all,

I've been playing Buqs's Ter Adun "Break Dancing" deck (source: http://shadowera.net/buqs-3-120-ter-adun/) with some minor modifications. The deck is a LOT of fun to play because everybody else relies on items these days, and Ter Adun eats those decks up. Last week I reached 300-rank with it, which was great. The reason the deck is so good is that it eats up weapon-based decks (esp. rogue & hunter) as well as item-based decks. But I have since found it impossible to rise even to 290, which makes me think that the deck has some flaws which I hope the community will help fix. Here's the deck:

Hero: Ter Adun (40 cards)

Allies (19):
    2x Yari Bladedancer
    4x Feasterling
    4x Cleric of the Asyn
    4x Ravager Zealot
    3x Murderous Hulk
    2x Thriss Demolitionist

Abilities (11):
    4x Melt Down
    4x Blood Frenzy
    3x Crippling Blow

Items (9):
    3x Crown of Ages
    2x Thriss Assault Plinth
    4x Thriss Crucible

The deck is good at winning AFTER you get board control. Feasterling + CoA or Assault Plinth = early 5 dmg ally kills just about anything out there. Murderous Hulk and Thriss Demolitionist add extra control options besides Ter Adun's ability. Plinth and CoA raise the attack, which makes Hulk extremely useful. Moreover, all 9 of the items in the deck provide benefits when destroyed--Crucible proves a 2 DMG ally, and CoA and Plinth damage the opponent. Great synergy between these items and Zealot or Meltdown. Cleric of the Asyn is not as central to this deck as in other ravager decks because I find it takes too long to get the combos correct for him. To support Cleric, I've also played the deck with +2 Obelisk of Echoes, +2 Cleric's Mantle, and -3 Crippling blow, but I found that it was really rare that I could get the combo Cleric & Cleric's Mantle to work--he was usually gone off the board after it was all set up.

Ok, so what's the problem? I find it really hard to come back from a tempo disadvantage. For example, if the opponent manages to get more allies than me on the board, they usually win. Warriors and really any ally-heavy decks eat me alive. I think that's why Buqs had +2 Yahari: Valley of Doom, but I found that card to be unreliable--the opponent can just flip it around and use it against you. To avoid being overwhelmed by allies, I try to get as many allies out as early as possible, often choosing Cleric of the Asyn as a T3 drop over BF. However, this slows down card draw. So as it stands, this deck has a tough time with decks that aren't really hurt by Ter Adun's ability.

Please help me make this fun deck strong, because it's no fun to lose all the time. All feedback is appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks for the nod of playing my deck.

This deck originally was created when both Ravager Zealot and Thriss Crucible had stats of 3/3 which made them much stronger for helping retake a lost board especially with boosted stats of Crown/Plinth. This was beneficial for allowing to win while ahead as well as coming from behind. The change to these two allies definitely weakens the original deck. NOTE: Valley of Doom was a good combo with these cards as you could wipe the board of the low cost allies then trigger Zealot/Crucible to take out the higher cost guys or go for the hero

NOTE You are correct that you want Allies/board early (might want to add the 3rd Bladedancer back) and not BF as this deck does rely on benefiting from destroying your own items and your wanting to start with a meltdown (probably turn 5ish) as your early draw with benefit, then follow with BF shortly after (turn 5+).

here is my guide for those interested (http://shadowera.net/buqs-3-120-ter-adun/)

This deck would possibly be improved once LL Part 2 is released (http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Spoilers/page2)

Chaos Engine - 2cc Warrior Artifact - When an item or support ability is targeted and destroyed on your turn, your hero gains +1 shadow energy and you draw a card.

Hopefully this would allow Blood Frenzy to be replaced. I don't like the 1 HP timer for Ter Adun which is why I prefer (for this deck) to try and play turn 5+
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With Boris and Ter its almost impossible to retake board control. Warrior hero's have always had a major disadvantage compared to other heros for retaking board control. Use some cripplingblows early to make sure you keep the board and get beefed up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crippling blow is a must in every warrior deck i guess.
    What about Towering Brute? it helps against low cost allies swarm deck by reducing their attack in case you lose the board and being fatty it requires a lot of effort to take it down allowing you to summon other units meanwhile.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdoom View Post
    Crippling blow is a must in every warrior deck i guess.
    What about Towering Brute? it helps against low cost allies swarm deck by reducing their attack in case you lose the board and being fatty it requires a lot of effort to take it down allowing you to summon other units meanwhile.
    More murderuous hulks, big fan of them. Also grimghast. to be honest most warrior heros are at a big disadvantage in my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i am testing this deck with the addition of loom of fate and it works wonder!!! draw more and sacrifice it for clerics!!! i am also using cleric's mantle and is very nice!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've seen a few decks similar to yours use either Rain Delay or Valiant Defender as a pace changer. They can buy you the time put a few low cost allies on the board and you can also destroy these abilities for firebombing or buffs much like the item based destruction already in your deck.

I can tell you from a recent personal experience that an opponent of mine made a huge comeback even we I thought I had him cornered. He kept spamming those abilities effectively preventing me from furthering my lead.

Another possibilty would be to have a couple Yari Marksman but that maybe wouldn't be cohesive with your deck strategy.