Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb ZTC V - The Feedbomb Project

The purpose of this thread is to both share my new iteration of the Feedbomb archetype, as well as opening a dialogue for other interested deckbuilders to discuss suggestions and ideas about building a viable version(s) of the archetype for the v3.xx meta. Below is the quasi-tuned version with which I'm currently working.

1x Zaladar

4x Ironhide Karash
    2x Feasterling
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    2x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Rampant Krygon
    4x Armored Packbeast
    3x Stardust Extractor

4x Mind Control
    1x Energy Discharge
    3x Feedback
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    1x Shriek of Vengeance
    1x Soul Reaper
    1x Mimic

3x Bad Santa
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Loom of Fate

3x Meat Wagon

Build summary:

21x Allies
    5x Ally Control
    3x Item Destruction
    7x Draw Sources (10 total)
    8x Miscellaneous

Total: 45 + hero = 46 cards

Enjoy
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    <Reserved>

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Man I feel old. Maybe I just don't remember your concept very well, so I apologize if my opinion (just looking at the list) does not fit the original vision.
    And on a side note, whatever happened to shard/haste feedbomb?
    ---
    Anyway..
    Meat Wagon - Less than half the deck is allies? It feels kinda hit or miss early when another ally could come down, and not as useful late game. Then again, I've never been the strongest proponent of the card in the first place, so maybe I just don't know how to use it.

4x Packbeast - I suppose it could keep stuff like garg slightly more alive, but.. krygon has 1 toughness, anything damaging karash will kill it anyway, stardust reduces its toughness to draw.
    IGN Triassen.
    Elementalis <3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Packbeasts are there to keep your life s few notches up as much or more than to heal your other allies. Feedbombing takes resources to execute. While you're getting your setup into place, You're doing well to keep a 1:1 card advantage with your opponent until you're ready to start the big power plays. To offset the early damage you'll take keeping the board in check.

However, allies like Gargoyle are meant to give your opponents something to chew on with more than one card's worth of damage. It's a slight tempo equalizer, especially played on turn 3. They are bolstered by the Packbeasts, as you said, and so they have that benefit, as well. Karash is there to try having some early board presence possible.

ZTC has always been about nicks and cuts damage to the opponent for the first 5-6 turns, getting them to maybe 50-70% of their starting health, and then flipping the board with a couple turns of Feedbombs and lock up your opponent's outs to win.

But you need draw to do that effectively, and there are better options for draw available now than there were in SE v1.5, when the deck was originally designed. Because of the varied and abundant means of drawing in the deck, I find Meatwagon to be very effective. However, I seldom play it as an early play, favoring to play it closer to the turns I'm going to starting Feedbombing. YMMV
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.